Mrs. Martin's Classroom Newsletter
May 22, 2017
- Field Day- Field Day is on Wednesday, May 24. Please note that Friday is the rain makeup day. As of now, the weather is predicting rain on Wednesday. Please check your email tomorrow for confirmation of which day. Please make sure that your child has the following items that day:
- disposable sack lunch
- water bottle
- comfortable clothing (tennis shoes, socks, and red-colored shirt)
- hat/sunglasses (optional)
- gym bag to hold everything
- My Books- Please check around your house to make sure none of my chapter books accidentally made it home. I reminded to students that they need to bring them back ASAP. Thanks!
- Awards Ceremony- The end of the year is approaching quickly. The 3-5 awards ceremony will be at on 5/31 at 10:00 in the gym. Feel free to attend if you would like!
- Talent Show- The school talent show is quickly approaching as well. It will be on the last day of school at 1:30. Try-outs are this Friday for those who signed up. You may attend the show to watch your child.
- Background Check: If you would like to attend a field trip or help in the school, you will need to fill out the new form. The link to the form is: http://mre.smcsc.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=227670&pageId=515086
Spelling and Vocabulary Words
root, route, tail, tale, wade, weighed, prince, prints, doe, dough, moose, mousse, we’ve, weave, who’s, whose, bolder, boulder, patience, patients Review: cotton, muffin, eleven
Vocabulary Words: none
Steps to Pearson Online Math
You will have homework assigned online through Pearson Realize. Please follow the steps below to access your homework at home.
Go to smcsc.com
Hover over “Parents & Students”
Click on “For Parents”
Find and click on “Power School”
Your login is your first and last name, all lowercase and no spaces
You password is the same as your chromebook password
On the left of your screen, in the navigation bar, find and click on “My Schedule”
Scroll down, find and click on “Pearson Courses”
On the right hand side of the screen, click on “pearson realize”
Click on “Classes” in the red circle
You may have to click on your Math class
- If you have already started your assignment it will be under the “In progress” tab.