Go Cleaner. Go Greener. Build a Sustainable Future.
Why stop the energy we use now?
In a world constantly advancing in technology, industry and population are growing exponentially, and are higher than at any other point in recorded history. However, this expansion has also increased the impact mankind has on the environment. With the excessive use of fossil fuels, or resources formed from the remains of past organisms, society is seeing pollution as an effect both in Texas, across the United States, and all over the globe. Between smog in the air around factories emitting CO2 and oil spills harming ocean ecosystems, few positives come from fossil fuels. In addition to recognizing the effects, people are also realizing the fault in a production system that relies on a limited source. In order to curb the dangers to the longevity of civilization and nature, energy must come from inexhaustible resources that leave little impact on the environment. The key to a sustainable future is to convert to 100% renewable energy use through the decrease of fossil fuels, and increase of solar, wind, and hydroelectric energy and overall efficiency.
Gasland: The Truth Behind Natural Gas
Texas reaching peak of energy demand!
- Texas consumes 30 percent more electricity than California, a state 30 percent larger in population. That is a strong fact from "Texas Electricity Problems Facing Peak Demands" due to knowledge of California being a bigger state than Texas.
- Compared to the other sources this online article creates a personal connection with the viewers from Texas creating a greater affect. By creating this connection with the audience it has much more influence for those who do reside in the state of Texas
- With this article it informs of the many statistics that have a play in Texas's energy consumption. Also including the investments being made into this use of energy which is over 6.7 Billion dollars
Can we have a world where we use 100% renewable energy?
- The Supreme Court blocking power plants, the ideas of making the world run on 100% renewable energy, and questioning whether we have all of the resources to power the world with renewable energy is well connected to the thesis because the main resolutions to this global crisis is the usage of wind, hydroelectric and solar power.
- While all three sources explain how energy is being used right now, the source F and source G highlight key resolutions and and solutions while source E presents a current event that occurred regarding 100% renewable energy.
- This article was helpful because compared to my other sources, this is very useful because it is an actual published book that provides ideas, innovations and other ways to save the fuels of this world.
- compared to my other sources, source F is very useful because it is an actual published book that provides ideas, innovations and other ways to save the fuels of this world. Also, according to source G, it provides a good amount of resolutions as well.
Decrease the Fuel ~ Integrate Renewable ~ Convert to Clean
- Fossil fuels pose not only an environmental threat, but a political threat, as countries will be more dependent on each other for sources such as oil, just as the United States finds the supply of oil valuable in the Middle East.
- Starting with the decrease of coal production could greatly benefit the air quality, as coal is the greatest producer of carbon emissions.
- Capitalize on cheapness of solar and wind energy
- Increase efficiency with the introduction of “green architecture” that maximizes energy use with less waste.
Real Solutions: What Can I Do Now?
- Make a home plan- look at the different ways you use energy and resources at home. How long do you use the shower? What types of lightbulbs do you use? How much waste comes from your home? Do you recycle? Boosting energy efficiency and decreasing pollution is crucial to making a cleaner environment. Doing this starts with you!
- Consider solar- Solar energy has dropped to $0.50 a watt. Consider getting in touch with your community and recognizing how much energy comes from solar power. How could it be increased?
- Show your support- Join clubs, protests, and groups dedicated to protecting the environment and our own health. Bring awareness to the need for renewable resources in any way you can! A bill is passed by majority vote. Make renewable the majority!
Jacobson, Mark Z., and Mark A. Delucchi. "A Plan to Power 100 Percent of the Planet with Renewables." Scientific American. Web. 17 May 2016.
"Do We Have All the Renewable Energy We Need to Power the World?" Alternet. 2013. Web. 17 May 2016.
"Texas Electricity Problems- Facing Peak Demand." The Daily Energy Report RSS. Paul Valenta, 29 Jan. 2013. Web. 18 May 2016.
"Texas Officials Celebrate Supreme Court Blocking Power Plant Rules."Environment Texas. Web. 17 May 2016.
"The Hidden Cost of Fossil Fuels." Union of Concerned Scientists. Union of Concerned Scientists, 2015. Web. 13 May 2016.