January 30, 2017
Reflection Questions: Readers and Writers Workshop
- How are you setting up scholars to work on specific reading skills aligned to standards when they are reading independently?
- How are you supporting scholar learning by providing anchor charts that they can refer to when reading and/or writing?
- How are you monitoring scholar's learning and progress toward mastery on standards?
- Please remember to teach a small mini-lesson on lunch expectations
- Students must get an entree and fruit or vegetable when they go through the lunch line.
- All unwanted items can be placed on the center table.
- We will begin our PBIS reboot next week, use this week to reteach classroom expectations.
- Our informational writing assessment cycle ends this week. Administer final informational writing assessments by the end of this week for review at next week's PLC.
- Upcoming reading Workshop bend overviews are due by the end of this week.
- If you have not already done so, please send me a google invite to observe both an interactive read aloud and either a reader's or a writer's workshop mini lesson.
- The testing window for SRI closes January 31st.
- For student safety, do not leave students unsupervised in your classroom.
- For student safety, please report to yard duty on time. Students are being released when the bell rings and it is important that supervision is available at that time.
- If you require any classroom supplies, email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org we will ensure you receive your supplies by the end of the day if they are available on site and will order any supplies that are not available on site.
Week at a Glance
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- FC Meeting 3 to 4
- Williams Off Site
- District Oratorical Assembly
- Minimum Day
- Howard PD (Draft Agenda)
- Williams Off Site-Principal PD
- Farmers Market 2 to 5
- ILT Summit 4 to 6
- Attendance Sucess Meeting 8:15-9:00
Important Upcoming Dates
100 Day of School Activities-2/6
Family Math Night-2/8
No School Presidents Day-2/20