April 22, 2022
Notes from Mrs. Bervert
This week we met our newest Buffalos for Kindergarten Pre-Enrollment and we so enjoyed showing them all of the exciting things at BES. We also had field trips this past week for kindergarten, third grade and fifth grade and are certainly in field trip season. Our intermediate students completed state assessments and they worked hard. All students in grades K-6 will receive our districtwide Fastbridge screener in Language Arts and Math in the coming weeks. A few other pieces of news:
- Lion King Jr. Coming May 5th- Our Drama Club is preparing for the production of The Lion King Jr. We can't wait to see the hard work of our Buffalos!
- Donuts with Moms or Special Person- Help our PTO plan for this event by filling out the Google form below.
- Field Day- Coming to BES on 5/25- Details listed below! If you'd like to take your students home early please out the Google form below. Shirt information is also provided.
- Kona Ice on 5/4 in the PM- Our 6th graders will complete their yearly food truck project and one component of that project is that we all get to enjoy Kona Ice on Wednesday, May 4th. More information will be sent midweek regarding student prices for Kona Ice.
- Thank You Office Team-This coming Wednesday we will celebrate Mrs. Tanya, Mrs. Carrie and Mrs. Laurie in the office. These ladies work tirelessly to ensure transportation is organized, lunches are covered and so many more things that allow our building to function. They are beloved by our Berryton staff.
- Relocating- As we begin planning for the 22-23 academic year please email Mrs. Tanya (email@example.com) if your child will not be returning to BES.
- Camp Invention- Coming to BES June 13-17- Interested in having your child attend? Sign Up on the form below.
- Student Information Form- We value input from parents as we create class lists for the 22-23 academic year. Check out the form below if you'd like to share information with BES regarding your child's specific needs.
Have an amazing weekend!
BES and Shawnee Heights Happenings
Cafeteria Menus and Sandwich of the Day Schedule
Upcoming Events in the Media Center
A. Summer Send OffWe will have our annual summer send off which is an event hosted by Mrs. Baker and Mrs. Boyer. Each student will get to pick out a book and take it home. We would love to have parent volunteers to support this event and interested parents should email Mrs. Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Summer Send Off Times Per Grade Level
- 5/16- AM Preschool Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/16- 4th Grade Summer Send Off at 12:30
- 5/16- PM Preschool Summer Send Off at 3:00
- 5/17- Kindergarten Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/17- 6th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/18- 1st Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/18- 5th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/19-3rd Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/19- 2nd Grade Summer Send Off at 1:00
B. William Allen White Reading Contest Awards Banquet- This will be held on May 20 at lunchtime. This celebration honors our students that read all of the William Allen White novels.
C. Summer Send Off Book Fair Family Night- Families are invited to shop our Summer Send Off books on 5/19 from 4:30-7.
Upcoming Dates- 4th Quarter
- 4/27- Administrative Professionals Day
- 4/29- 6th Grade Field Trip to Wildwood Adventure Park (Manhattan, KS)
- 4/29- 1st Grade to Zoo
- 5/2-5/6- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/2- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/4- Mrs. DePriest's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/4- Kona Ice visiting BES
- 5/5- BES Musical "Lion King" at 7 pm
- 5/6- Donuts with Moms- 8:15-8:55 in BES Gym
- 5/6- 2nd Grade to Mid State Materials
- 5/9- District Elementary Track Meet at 6 pm for Intramurals (SHHS)
- 5/10- PTO at 6 pm
- 5/11- School Nurse Day
- 5/16- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/17- Grades 5/6 Band and Orchestra Concert at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/18- 3rd Grade Field Trip to Ritchie House and Capitol
- 5/18- Mrs. Hahn's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/19- Mrs. Berry's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/20- Mrs. Gauntt's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/23- 6th Grade visit to SHMS in AM/ 6th Grade celebration in PM
- 5/25- Field Day
- 5/26- Last Day of School at Berryton
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.