Creation of America and Americans
Creation of America
The United States has not always as existed as well as Americans, believe it or not some people think that this is very hard to be true.
America and Americans came from all different countries. The United States Of
America was established on July 4, 1776.
The goals during the creation of America were to gain Freedom, Justice, and Liberty.
To reach these goals we had to make a declaration. The Declaration gave a lengthy list of grievances or in other words complaints, but it lacked to explain the cause of these complaints. They wanted to break away from Britain for the taxation on tea and there was then a war that the USA was predicted to lose but they pulled it off and now we have independence.
These things made the Creation of America a revolution.
The location of America is the Northern Western hemisphere of the World.
Some characteristics of America are songs like the national anthem, people like Uncle Sam and events like the super bowl.
- Another symbol of America is mount Rushmore. Mount Rushmore had the faces of 4 very important men, they all played important roles in American history.
- The 4 presidents on Mount Rushmore are George Washington: 1930, Thomas Jefferson: 1936, Abraham Lincoln: 1937, Theodore Roosevelt: 1939.
- George Washington was chosen to be put on their because of his role in the revolutionary war and his fight for independence, and he was also the first president of the USA.
- Thomas Jefferson was put on there because he believed that people should be able to govern themselves.
- Abraham Lincoln was put on there because he believed that all people were equal, and took a big role in helping with slavery.
- Theodore Roosevelt was chosen to be put on there because he is a world leader, by that I mean he is a great leader.
- Mount Rushmore is also the biggest work of art in the World. Gutzon Borglum started to carve the monument and he worked on it until he died in 1941.
“Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.”