What is it?
Dual credit is different than AP and OnRamps. Dual Credit course is simply earning college credits for a course while taking it in high school. In other words, a student who takes a dual credit English course while here at Warren not only earns their high school English credit but is also earning 6 semester hours of college credit in English from Northwest Vista at the same time.
Please keep in mind, dual credit classes are college level courses. You are creating a college transcript. You do not want a low grade on your college transcript, so be prepared to work hard.
Any student who is planning to take a Dual Credit course in high school is highly encouraged to contact the admissions office of their future college or university to check the acceptance or transfer ability of credits from Northwest Vista College.
Important Deadlines to Know for 2023-2024
May 5, 2023 - deadline to turn in parent consent form (turn in to your ACES account)
If you are planning on taking a dual credit class at Northwest Vista, you must give proof of bacterial meningitis to Mrs. Wade by April 1st
May 5, 2023 - deadline to take the TSI
What is the process???
2. Complete the modules (log into your ACES account and complete two modules. You should have received emails from Vista with log in information.)
3. Sign up to take the TSI. (Check with Mrs. Wade in the counseling office for dates and times.)
4. Choose the dual courses when choosing courses for next year.
5. Complete the parent consent form. (in your ACES account, click on CANVAS)
Need help? Look below for step by step guides.
Step 1: Application
Step 2: Modules
What is the TSI?
- It consists of Reading, Writing, and Math
- It is an online test
- It is offered at Warren. Check with your counselor for dates and times.
- It is $14
What Dual Credit Classes Can You Take?
How many dual credit classes can I take?
You can only take a total of 14 Dual Credit Courses in High School. (Notice that some classes count as two Dual Credit Courses like English 3 AP D--you get credit for English 1301 and English 1302, so that would count as two courses).
Also, you cannot take more than 15 hours in a given semester.