By: Shane Rigdon
What is it?
Its a figure of speech where two unlike things are compared using the word "like" or "as" followed by a figurative example. It helps make the description more vivid.
- "as blind as a bat" indicating that the person cannot see any better than a bat
- This house is as clean as a whistle.
- Don’t just sit there like a bump on a log.
- They fought like cats and dogs.
Ogres Are Like Onions - Analogies
- Website Title: Dictionary.com Publisher: Dictionary.com Date Accessed: February 05, 2015
- Website Title: WikipediaArticle Title: Simile Publisher: Wikimedia Foundation Date Accessed: February 05, 2015
- Website Title: English for Everybody - English language game - SUPER SIMILES