Red Hill Lutheran 2020-2021
Back to School Issue
Welcome Back Eagles!
"Happy New Year" from Principal Marquardt!
Red Hill Lutheran School (RHLS) began the 20-21 school year with many new looks to this year’s first day of school, mostly revolving around new health and safety protocols.
In addition to mask wearing and checking temperatures before students come on campus, parents are not allowed on campus, unless they are signing in/out a preschool student. This means that many additional staff are on duty to help guide and assist students to their classrooms in the morning and during dismissal. Despite all of the unique requirements and new protocols, the start of the school year went very well and the children were all very eager and excited to be back at school (their parents were equally pleased to be sending their children back to school).
During the first trimester, RHLS is offering parents a distance learning option for their child. Currently 12% of the parents (about 40 students) have chosen this option, and 88% of the parents have their children on campus for traditional classroom instruction. This provides teachers a challenge and opportunity to enhance their educational technology skill set. One teacher at each grade level is providing synchronous lessons to each of their distance-learning students, while also teaching their live on-campus class at the same time. These teachers are truly doing "double duty." This year, more than ever, we all need to thank, support, and encourage teachers who are working harder than ever to provide engaging Christian educational content to students in both their classroom and those distance learners.
At this time, RHLS has invested over $100,000 on health and safety protocol related items to be able to successfully start the school year. These investments have provided the following:
- School Nurse, Mrs. Autumn Gould, R.N.
- Outdoor hand washing station for 12.
- 350 fitted plexi-shield barriers for student desks.
- Rolling Shields for classrooms
- Additional lunch seating and large tents.
- Outdoor shade structure (to be installed) to allow band and choir classes to be outside.
- Wenger shields (specially designed) for instrumental band and choir students.
- All staff Covid testing.
- Air filtration systems on HVAC units with a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) of 13.
- Specialized sanitation sprayers and systems, used throughout the day by custodians.
- 45 no touch infrared thermometers.
- Signage throughout campus for one-way flow of students, and health reminders.
- Hundreds of gallons of disinfectant soaps, gels, etc.
- Online health and safety forms for parents, students, and staff to utilize.
- Technology infrastructure and devices to provide distance-learning capabilities.
Red Hill Lutheran School continues to be very blessed as we provide God’s Word to students, parents, and our community. The theme for 2020-2021 school year is ‘God of Wonders’ based on Colossians 3:2, “Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” This is a very applicable theme verse that we will be focusing on this year as a church and school community. It is our goal and prayer this year that both teachers and students will fully appreciate our God of Wonders in all of His majesty.
2020-2021 School Theme
God of Wonders
"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."
September Christian Character Quality: Endurance
1 Cor. 13:7 (ESV)
September Philanthropy: CHOC
Check out our Red Hill Lutheran Church & School YouTube Channel!
Please welcome our new K-5 teachers!
Mrs. Dawn Wright- 2nd Grade
Mrs. Mirranda Staples- 4th Grade
Mrs. Talene Campbell- 5th Grade
Welcome new Preschool Teacher: Mrs. Suzy Villegas!
Preschool Director Newsletter: September
Introducing our 2020-2021 PTF Board Members!
- President: Mrs. Liz Latch (Zoe, 5th Grade; Stella, 4th Grade)
- Vice President, Room Parents: Mrs. Morgan Taylor (Gavin, 8th Grade; Charlotte, 1st Grade)
- Vice President, Fundraising: Mrs. Chantey Darling (Cheyenne, 7th Grade; Kinsley, 4th Grade; Calais, 2nd Grade)
- Secretary: Mrs. Christina Khamis (Carter, 6th Grade; Campbell, 4th Grade)
- Treasurer: Mrs. Joy Mautz (Ryan, 6th Grade)
Bell Schedule with Minimum Day Hours
Pick-up Hours for Minimum Day
Kindergarten - 4th Grade: 12:00 pm
5th - 8th Grade: 12:15 pm
*No drop-in Daycare Available
New News for August/September
- Picture Day: School portraits will be taken Tuesday, September 15th. Please look out for an email to parents with your specific class time & day.
- Shutterfly Sites: Each grade has a Shutterfly site with updates, volunteers, class info, homework. Please check this site on a regular basis and view emails. Also, upload all your pictures to share with your class. This is a great way to collect pictures for the yearbook! Please be on the look out as Room Parents will be setting up these sites and making sure you will be connecting through them with your classes.
What's Going On?
Attendance: Please submit all absences through RHLS app Absence Form, this informs both the office and teacher.
Free Dress Fridays:
Every Friday, K-8 students, are allowed to pay $2 and wear free dress. All money raised will go to the ASB for student activities and service projects. Free dress Monday is only if you have a free dress pass.
Spirit Shirt Fridays:
Students may wear their spirit shirt with uniform bottoms every Friday.
Parents in Prayer
Parents in Prayer: Parents and church members are invited to join our "Parents in Prayer" group. This group meets every Friday, from 8:30-9:30 am in Peter's Parish.
The purpose of the group is to pray for our school, teachers, administrators, staff and students on a weekly basis. You may also submit prayer requests on the RHLS APP.
Please contact Katie Gillin with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1: Mr. Ben Hunter (Instrumental Music Teacher)
2: Mrs. Dawn Wright (2nd Grade Teacher)
3: Mrs. Annie Caamano (Preschool Director)
14: Ms. Heather DeFiore (Preschool Aide)
18: Sra. Diana Blocker (Spanish Teacher)
22: Ms. Alexis Farrar (Prek 5 Teacher- Room 5)
27: Mr. John Dovenmuehler (4th Grade Teacher)
Red Hill Lutheran Church
Red Hill Lutheran Church
Preschool - 5th grade
Sundays at 9:30am: Preschool – 5th Grade
Tuesdays at 4pm: Preschool
Thursdays @ 4pm : Kindergarten – 5th Grade
Red Hill Lutheran Church offers a Children’s Ministry Program for all children in Preschool through 5th Grade. We are currently meeting on-line, via Zoom. Using a combination of large group and small group conversations and activities, we intentionally strive to create an engaging environment where children come to Know Jesus, Impact the world around them, become Disciples of Jesus and Serve others – K.I.D.S.! You are invited to join us at any time, regardless of your church affiliation.
For more information, please contact Children's Ministry Coordinator, Beth Stoffregen.
September Teacher Series "WISE"
- WISDOM COMES FROM GOD
- GOD CAN BE TRUSTED
- WE CAN ASK GOD FOR THE RIGHT WORDS
- WE CAN ASK GOD OUR QUESTIONS
On September 6th we will begin a new teaching series, “Wise.” A lot of parents and kids alike focus more heavily on gleaning academic knowledge and gaining meaningful experiences, but teaching our kids to pursue Godly wisdom will help them merge those fields and develop better, God-centered decision-making skills. Kids are placed in plenty of situations where they would need to exercise such discernment. As we dive into this teaching series, we pray the kids will collect valuable insight about the wisdom God imparts to us.
Ladies' Paint & Zoom: Rock Edition!
Monday, September 14th at 7pm
This event is VIRTUAL-
We are at it again, ladies! We will be painting ROCKS and you can choose from a variety of designs, or design your own creation.
After signing up, please look for item pick up information.
An optional supply bag ($10) will be available for you to pick up on September 13th and/or 14th. You can definitely paint your own project, or just hang out and not paint!
Invite your friends!
Contact Shelli Haynes email@example.com for more information