"Off to a Good Start" in your Second Language Assignment!
Welcome to OTAGS, our most popular workshop!
Get Off To A Good Start in your second language assignment at any time of the year!
The Institute for Innovation in Second Language Education (IISLE) at Edmonton Public Schools offers a 2-day workshop for second language teachers who want small group planning sessions with consultants for their specific language and program.
Whether you are new to a second language teaching assignment or are an experienced second language teacher, this workshop will benefit you.
Curious? Keep reading!
Target audience: Grades K-12 Teachers of all second languages and programs
2017-18 Dates: October 11 and 12 / February 27 and 28/ August 27 and 28 or choose
ONE DAY Come as You Are OTAGS: November 27
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: The Languages Centre at Woodcroft
Parking: School side of street only
Sign in: At front entrance
Cost: $0 for EPSB staff; non-EPSB, see below
For more information: Julie Marko at email@example.com.
Choose Day 1, Day 2, or both
Day 1 - Language Proficiency: The Big Idea
Ministerial Order, student competencies and L2
Characteristics of a successful L2 program
Policies and regulations for L2 programs
Strategies for effective L2 teaching and learning
Assessment in L2 programs: What counts?
Uncovering your L2 curriculum
Big picture planning with critical resources
Day 2 - Your Time to Plan
Plan to meet your students' needs
Consult critical resources
- Collaborate with colleagues with support from L2 consultants
Attend only Day 2 if you have previously attended Day 1 of OTAGS and want to spend time planning.
What you will need
- Access to your program of studies (and for FSL, the Program Articulation documents)
- Your own technology, if possible. Chromebooks will be available.
- Lunch: choose to eat in or eat out
REGISTER TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE
- There is no charge for EPSB teachers.
- Register here through the District PDR system.
- The fee for each day is $150.
- To register please contact Jan Amundson or 780-429-8315.
**Please register by the Friday preceding the workshop **
- For information about registration, please contact Jan Amundson or 780-429-8315.