Stimulate Infant Brain Development
By: Teramy Saighman
Helpful Keys and Ideas for Simulating Brain Development
Keep it simple and natural
- Everyday experiences such as changing a diaper or giving a bath build pathways between neutrons.
- This happens when combined with cuddling, talking, or singing to the baby
- Parents should give children an environment rich with positive interaction and talking
- Babies learn from physical experiences, when providing examples do it at your infants level
- Flashcards will not help your infants brain development but a safe and interactive toy would be the best for your infant
- Infants experiences are key components of your infant's brain development
- The more times you repeat a task the more it strengthens the connections between neutrons
- Establishing routines with your infant will help them learn what to expect
- Reading a bed time story to your infant will be beneficial because it will show the infant that sitting down with you and a book is important
- Involve the baby in experiences, this is when the infant learns the best
- Depending on age- let the child explore different simple tasks such as, washing the dishes or putting dishes away
- Let the baby go at their own pace but keep them going
- Don't expose your baby to many different experiences as this does not help brain development.
- Babies can improve on brain development by many experiences but too many can overwhelm the baby.
- Overwhelming can affect the brain development
- Children learn best when they are interested in the thing they are learning
- Look for clues to tell whether the child is interested or not
- If they show interest pursue the subject you are teaching