Come Visit Ecuador
By: Anna and Arathy
- Ecuador has a representative democracy, and there government is divided into 3 branches.
- These branches are the executive, legislative, and judicial.
- in 1819 joined Venezuela, Colombia, and Panama to make greater Colombia
- won independence in 1830 from the Spanish
- Peru invaded Ecuador and seized a large part of their territory
- war broke out in 1981
- in 1999 Ecuador and Peru signed a treaty to stop the 60 year border dispute
- 90% of Ecuadorians today are mestizos and the other 10% have European descents.
- Almost all of the people who live in Ecuador are Roman Catholic.
- national symbol is the Andean Condor
- national colors- yellow, blue, red
- there president is Rafael Correa
- the coastline is 2,237 km long
Ecuadorian National Anthem - "Salve, Oh Patria" (ES/EN)