The Daly News
Week of September 3, 2018
- Please be kind to others and plan your copying accordingly. I noticed that a few parents were making massive amounts of copies this week for single teachers. (Not 1 Mom copying for many teachers) I hate to see a teacher have a look of distress when they pop in for 1 copy during their lunch and the copiers immediately run out of paper, knowing that only moments before a parent was running reams of copies for a teacher.
- Mrs. Tomchuk will be coming around to classrooms to talk to the kids about being “Smart from the Start.” She will spend about 5-10 minutes going over the poster she has created about things being recycled. Her plan is to begin with K-2 on Tuesday and Wednesday and then finish up with grades 3-6 on Thursday and Friday. Just be prepared to welcome her to the classroom at some point.
Free CPR Class Offered at Manatee for Teachers
Rachel Winsten will be hosting a CPR certification class on September 14, 2018. It will be held in our Media Center from 2:00-3:30 pm. The certification will be paid by the district and I have secured at least 5 spots. Email Shannon if you are interested.
Please include in your next communication with your parents.
(not an immediate email, just your next newsletter)
Brevard Public Schools volunteering status has changed.
- There are no more A or A+ levels, the title is now a registered volunteer.
- The initial fee is $35 for fingerprinting and processing. Each year after that the cost will be $8.
- All volunteers in our school need to be registered (to work in classrooms, volunteer for class events/parties or go on field trips).
- See Susan Owens in the front office with questions.
- Holiday for All
- PTO Fall Fundraiser all week
- Boy Scouts Visit Classrooms
- Fourth grade parent night 5:30 pm, Daly on duty
- Fifth grade camp parent meeting 5:30 pm in Media Center
- Kestner out all day
- Kindergarten Parent Night at 5:30 pm, Kestner on duty
- Boy Scouts Night 6:00 – 7:00 pm in Media Center
- Early Release