The Badger Bulletin
Brandywine Elementary Monthly Newsletter
Message from Mrs. Fields
It is hard to believe that it is already November! I have been busy getting to know our students, staff, and families. Brandywine is a very special place. Everyone is friendly and respectful. It makes me happy to come to work every day. Before Brandywine, I served as assistant principal at Brookwood Elementary and Whitlow Elementary. I was also a teacher and instructional coach, and have lived in Forsyth county for the past 17 years. When I am not at school, you can find me hiking, camping, or doing pretty much anything outdoors! I am very excited to continue my Brandywine journey, learning alongside you and supporting you along the way. Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can assist you with anything.
Upcoming Events in December
From the PTO
The PTO will be bringing Reindeer Lane back for another year!!! Students will have the opportunity to shop for friends and family in our cute holiday shop the week of Dec.5. We need a lot of parent volunteers to make this happen. Please see the link below and sign up to help kids shop!!!
Want to get involved with more events at Brandywine?
JOIN the PTO!!!
Go to https://brandywinepto.membershiptoolkit.com/ to learn more!!
Here at Brandywine, one of our 7 Mindsets is Attitude of Gratitude. Having gratitude is about recognizing and showing appreciation for what is good in your life. When we feel grateful, we tend to be in a better mood, feel more optimistic & positive, & show more resilience in the face of obstacles and challenges.
How you can encourage and cultivate an Attitude of Gratitude with your kids:
- Teach “thank you.” Kids need help learning how and when to say “thank you.” As kids are learning, give them gentle reminders for when it is appropriate to offer thanks. Maybe even encourage them to make a Thank You card.
- Model gratitude. Kids need to see the adults in their lives show gratitude before they practice it. Use real-life situations to show how it’s done.
- Teach how things are made and where they come from. Having a better understanding of the process & where things come from, can help us all feel more grateful for the things we have.
- Acknowledge your kids’ feelings. It’s OK and natural for kids to want things. Help them focus on what they do have & use the opportunity to teach about others who have less.
- Start a routine for gratitude. Consider starting a daily gratitude practice where you share one thing you are grateful for at dinner or before bed.
- Think beyond “things.” Encourage your child to notice the good parts of life that money can’t buy.
- Give back. Bring your kids with you to volunteer in the community. Let your younger child help you sort toys, food or clothes to donate to other kids.
Heritage Night is Coming!
Brandywine Elementary is hosting its 2nd Annual Heritage Night on January 25 from 6-8pm. Heritage Night will celebrate the diversity of our school including where we are from, where we have lived and places we are interested in.
In order for us to acknowledge the many countries represented at Brandywine, we need your help! If any member of your family was born, has ancestral ties, or is passionate about a country other than the United States, we would love for you to host a table at International Night. We need families with a passion and a vast knowledge of a particular country to share their knowledge with the Brandywine community.
Please sign up at the link below to host a table by December 9. Ideas to include in your table: local foods to share, historical facts, traditions, dress and language. The PTO and the school will provide plenty of support to those families that would like to host a table.
Noche del Patrimonio / Herencia de Brandywine
Brandywine Elementary está organizando su 2da Noche Anual de Herencia el 25 de enero de 2022, de 6-8pm.La Noche de Herencia celebrará la diversidad de nuestra escuela incluyendo de dónde somos, dónde hemos vivido y los lugares que nos interesan.
Para que podamos reconocer los muchos países representados en Brandywine, ¡necesitamos su ayuda! Si algún miembro de su familia ha nacido, tiene lazos ancestrales o le apasiona un país que no sea los Estados Unidos, nos encantaría que organizara una mesa en la Noche del Patrimonio/Herencia.Necesitamos familias con una pasión y un amplio conocimiento de un país en particular para compartir su conocimiento con la comunidad de Brandywine.
Por favor, inscríbase abajo para ser anfitrión de una mesa antes del 9 de diciembre de este año 2022.Ideas para incluir en su mesa: comidas locales para compartir, hechos históricos, tradiciones, vestimenta e idioma. El PTO y la escuela proporcionarán mucho apoyo a las familias que quieran organizar una mesa.
Por favor, indique el país que le gustaría mostrar en la sección de comentarios de su inscripción.
- Register to be a mentor! There are three training dates available. See the attachment below.
- Click the attachment below for information about the Forsyth Youth Rugby program
The Out Of District (OOD) portal is now open and needs to be submitted for the 2023-2024 school year by November 30th, 2022. If you need an OOD request to stay at Brandywine for next school year, please use the link below and submit by 11/30/22. Please note, Brandywine is over-capacity, and the approval will be at the discretion of the principal.
Familias de Brandywine
El portal Fuera del Distrito (OOD) ahora está abierto y debe enviarse para el año escolar 2023-2024 antes del 30 de noviembre de 2022. Si necesita una solicitud OOD para quedarse en Brandywine el próximo año escolar, use el enlace a continuación y envíela antes del 11/ 30/22. Tenga en cuenta que Brandywine tiene un exceso de capacidad y la aprobación quedará a discreción del director.
- Verify your bus transportation by completing this form for students K-2 or students 3-5
- Would you like to celebrate a child's birthday at school? Let the cafeteria do that with you! Fill out this form to order treats for your child's class
Denmark Community of Schools Family Connect Night happens each month! Teachers will not assign homework and we encourage students to engage with their families without technology. Upload any fun pictures here so we can share!