- Donatello was born in Florence, Italy sometime around 1386
- He also spent most of his life there in Florence
- Donatello was apprenticed to Ghiberti, and in 1403 at the age of 17, he worked on bronze reliefs on the First Doors of Baptistery with his master
- He left Ghiberti in 1407 for the workshops of the Cathedral where he produced many exquisite statues
- Donatello's famous statues include: David, St. Mark, Marzocco, and St. George
- The Medici Family was one of Donatello's main patrons during his lifetime
Marzocco: "Orsanmichele." Home Page. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. <http://employees.oneonta.edu/farberas/ar
St. George: "Saint George structured art gallery Picture Gallery - Photo Gallery - Images."Online Utility - Free Online Software, Computer Programs, Computer Tools, .... N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. <http://www.online-utility.org/image/gallery.jsp?title=Saint+George+structured+art+gallery>.
St. Mark: "STUDYBLUE | Make online flashcards & notes. Study anywhere, anytime.."STUDYBLUE | Make online flashcards & notes. Study anywhere, anytime.. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. <http://www.studyblue.com/notes/note/n/quiz-3/deck/2713329>.