May 8, 2019
We are sending this a little early this week because we just received notice of roadwork on Almshouse Road again this week starting today. Please see below for more details so you can plan accordingly.
May Library Newsletter
Road Work on Almshouse
In preparation for PennDOT's resurfacing of Almshouse Rd this summer, Water/Sewer has hired a contractor to adjust all their manholes on Almshouse from Sandtrap to the Township border with Northampton. They will be working Wednesday through Friday this week during the day, and Sunday night. Flaggers will be controlling traffic, and one lane will be open at all times. Please plan your travels accordingly, especially if you drive your students to or from school.
Casual for a Cause
We are excited to announce that during our April Autism Awareness charity, the Warwick Staff raised $132 which went to the Autism Cares Foundation. Our total monies raised so far this year is $808!!!
For the month of May, our featured charity is the Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Foundation selected by Mrs. Jayme Kilgore. Mrs. Kilgore selected this organization in honor of her nephew.
The 4 to 1
There is a rule of thumb for encouraging positive behavior in schools and at home: give four positive statements of feedback/praise to children for every one thing to improve. (By the way, it is difficult to select only four positives at Warwick Elementary!)
Four Positive Things:
- Abundant Gratitude: This past week was an exercise in gratitude. For example, students and parents expressed their gratitude for our Warwick Staff, and in return, our staff members were overwhelmed with gratitude for the recognition and thoughtfulness!
- Student Voice: Students used their voice to stand up for a friend when that friend was not being treated with respect. This is so important to the overall safety and feel of our school. Thank you!
- Respect & Responsibility: Students in the car rider line have been so respectful and responsible this week. When everyone is quiet and listening, students can hear their name called and we can keep that car line moving :) Respect and responsibility were also evident at our Spring Book Fair. We love the Spring Book Fair and we showed the Warwick PTO how grateful we were that they provide us that opportunity by showing our respect and responsibility--Awesome!
- Owning Mistakes: This week I had a few students talk with me about mistakes they had made at recess or in class. I am so proud that the students were honest in owning their mistakes. Owning mistakes is the first step in turning a mistake into a learning opportunity.
One Thing to Work On: Responding Immediately, The First Time Asked
When a Warwick Staff member asks students to get quiet, or get in line, or stop playing and start cleaning up, or to sit down in the cafeteria, it is important that students listen and respond immediately, the first time asked. When students do this, our school is more safe, more focused on learning and respect, and better able to communicate.
Your contributions will help us create a celebration of Warwick worthy of its 100-year history.
To view the entire Warwick calendar for this school year, click here.
As we staff and plan for the next school year, it is important that we have an accurate count of students registered to attend Warwick. Please click above to register your new Kindergartener (or other NEW students) online. Thank you.
Peanut/Tree Nut Safe Classrooms
CBSD Schools are Latex Free
Excusing Student Absences
When your student will be absent from school, please use the Attendance Hotline (267-893-4055) to report the absence and email your student's teacher.
Here is a list of absence reasons that are excusable in PA Public Schools: illness, quarantine, death in the immediate family, religious holidays, home emergencies, and health care directly related to the student. Excuses must be called/emailed within three (3) days of the student’s return. State law requires that an explanation of absence be stated in order for schools to excuse an absence.
As per CBSB Policy 204, students with more than 10 excused absences cumulative throughout the school year must have doctor's notes. Please contact Mrs. Pecoraio if you have questions or concerns about your student's health-related absences.
To see your student's attendance record, go to the Parent Portal!
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, cal 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Please clip Box Tops and return them to school.
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week.
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.