Local New Update
Friday Fun Facts
Did you know...?
· Reinforcement of a behavior should be delivered immediately.
· Absolutely true!- If a student or class earns “something special” (i.e., points, prize, activity) it should be received as promised even if the student or class acts inappropriately after earning the “something special”
· Four times in the past week, Susie has asked to use the bathroom immediately before or during a math lesson. The likely function of the behavior is escape/avoidance.
· Joey has been calling out of turn frequently in class lately. His teacher, Mrs. Jones praises him every time he raises his hand. This is an example of positive reinforcement.
· In order to stop an “inappropriate” behavior such as a child acting in a certain way, removing a pleasant stimulus immediately after the action occurs is known as Response Cost Principle.