Get to Know J2E
A 1/2 day on this exciting online software for pupils
J2E is designed specifically for primary schools to give pupils an easy to use, yet powerful, set of creative tools that that works on PCs, laptops and tablets and provides all the useful features of an Office Suite.
As J2E is web-based, one of its advantages is that it is accessible to pupils outside school.
This course will provide an overview of the software and participants will work through a range of the software's facilities to create a curriculum focused multimedia document.
Whether you're an existing user who just wants to become more familiar with the software's features or are considering a purchase and wish to explore in depth before you decide, this course will prove very useful to you.
Get To Know J2E
Wednesday, March 5th, 1-4:30pm
St Nicholas Primary School, Cottingham Road, Hull,
- The cost of the course is £50
- Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Successful applicants will be notified by email.
- The course is limited to 12 applicants. Should it be over-subscribed, another will be arranged.
- Schools will be invoiced after the course.
- Participants will be provided with temporary access to a J2E account if they don't currently subscribe.
The course will focus on the creation of a multi-media document and will include demonstrations of, and time to practice, the following techniques:
- Creating a text and graphics page with a range of formatting options
- Adding tables and charts
- Adding Voice Recordings (created in J2E or external software)
- Adding content created in other software/apps
- Embedded content (E.g A You Tube video or a working website)
- QR code creation
- Use and creation of word banks
- Creating a clip-art library that can be shared to specific groups/individuals
- Exploring the drawing tools in the software
- Sharing a document with other users to allow multi-user access. (A Wiki)
- Publishing a finished document to the internet.
In addition, the following features will be explored:
- How teachers can view pupil's work and comment on it
- How teachers can create and share documents with pupils
- How J2E keeps revisions of pupil's work as they save, thus providing evidence of development.
There will also be a short session where pupils from the school will be available for participants to ask how they find J2E from a user's perspective.
Laptops and iPads will be provided, but please feel free to bring your own device if you prefer as wireless internet is available.