March 24, 2015
On to the Sweet Sixteen!
TEMPE, Ariz. — Sophie Brunner had 17 points and scored the go-ahead basket with less than a minute left, helping Arizona State rally from a 16-point deficit to beat Arkansas-Little Rock 57-54 Monday night in the Greensboro Region of the NCAA Tournament.
No. 3 seed Arizona State (29-5) labored against UALR's defensive pressure most of the night before getting the ball inside in the second half.
Brunner put the Sun Devils up 53-52 on a putback with 54 seconds left and Elisha Davis blocked Alexius Dawn's last-second 3-pointer, sending Arizona State to the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2009.
Promise Amukamara added 17 points for the Sun Devils, who face Florida State in the regional semifinals in Greensboro, North Carolina, on Friday.
No. 11 seed UALR (29-5) went through a scoring drought of 5 1-2 minutes in the second half as Arizona State clawed its way back from the big deficit.
Congrats March Students of the Month--SERVICE!
A shield provides protection to the one who bears it. Aquin Schools strive to provide each student with a shield of Responsibility, Respect, Faith, Leadership, Service, Knowledge and Character. Each month from October through April, Aquin is recognizing three students who display the month’s quality of the shield. Students are nominated by staff and faculty at both campuses and then selected by Administration.
If you are interested in learning more about Aquin’s new ‘Guardian of the Shield’ sponsor program, or want to learn more about joining the Aquin family (online registration for 2015-16 is open), please contact Laura at 815-235-3154 x 226.
Registration Nights--Turn in all of your Paperwork and Fees!
All current Aquin parents are asked to turn in ALL registration paperwork and fees for 2015-16 on 1 of 3 nights--March 30, March 31 or April 1. When ALL completed paperwork and fees are submitted, we will enter your family's name into a drawing for 1 of 5 great prizes.
BUT--you must have everything turned in by April 1 to be eligible. NO FOOLING!
AND--you also want to have everything turned in by April 1 to take advantage of the 50% registration fee discount. If you still have paperwork and fees to turn in on April 2nd, the registration fee goes to the regular rate of $100--per student. NO FOOLING!
Problems with Registration 2015-16?
- refer to the complete instructions found here
Can't get updates to save in Teacherease?
- contact email@example.com and let her know specifically what difficulties you are experiencing
Can't open the tuition contract?
- update the version of Open Office that you have on your computer. You can download it for free here.
Still can't open the tuition contract?
- go to another computer (Freeport Library has computers for the public to use)
Don't have a printer?
- open, complete and print the the contract on 1 of the 3 Registration Nights we have scheduled for March 30, 31 or April 1.
Attention St. Thomas Families with Students in Grades 7-12!
- 7th grade: 5 scholarships for $175 each
- 8th grade: 5 scholarships for $175 each
- 9th grade: 5 scholarships for $200 each
- 10th grade: 5 scholarships for $300 each
- 11th grade: 5 scholarships for $400 each
- 12th grade: 5 scholarships for $1000 each
Moonlight Bowling this Saturday
Pancake Breakfast this Sunday
- Tonight is the premier of the 'Aquin After School Special' featuring 'Big Hero 6'. Be sure to pick-up your students by 5:15 at the Galena Street entrance.
- Butter Braid Pick-Up is tomorrow from 1:30-3:30 in the gym lobby.
- Kickin' It for Kathleen Day' is tomorrow. Students and staff can wear their t-shirt with khakis.
- Seder Meal for the Aquin 6th Graders is Thursday.
- The Change Wars (proceeds to 'Hope for Haitians) at the High School Campus end at 1:00pm on Monday. Send your donations in with an Aquin student to turn in at lunch or to the library. Miss Witt will take the money to the bank to be counted on Monday afternoon. The winning class will have a jeans day on Tuesday and Wednesday.