Using no technology.
How long should kids use technology a day?
· Children under 2 should not have any screen time, but 2 hours at the most
· 3-4 year olds should have 3 hours of screen time
· 4 hours for 5-7 year olds
· 4.5 hours 8-11 year olds
· 6.5 hours for teenagers
Should we stay plugged in at school?
· Preparation for the real world. Most jobs have the use of phones
· Responsibility. Use for educational purposes and students could put phones on airplane mode to prevent cheating by not receiving texts.
· Avoid double standards. Why should teachers sometimes be able to have their phones and not have the same consequences as students?
· Emergencies. From having a parent bring in homework that you forgot to a big event so you can reassure worried parents
What are the problems of being too unplugged?
· Isolation. You have a lack of contact with people in the outside world.
· Lack of social skills. People don’t know how to talk face to face these days. We have the inability to read body language.
· Poor sleep habits. We tend to stay up late using technology.
· Iphone thumb. This is a type of RSI.
· Lack of social and sexual boundaries
· Constant distraction
Are there any benefits to being plugged in?
· You can access information any time.
· Encourages creativity. Just take a look at sites like “Pintrest” and “Etsy”
· Improved communication. You can talk to anyone, which means being more social and having more friends.