The Timberwolf Times
Manchester Park Elementary
ONE...Team, Vision, and Goal
Students are dismissed at 12:00 on Thursday. Please discuss with your child your plan for them getting home from school. There is no lunch served since it is a half day. Normal bus routes will be made in the AM , but PM routes will begin at 12:00.
5th grade parents- Feel free to join us for the "5th Grade Clap Out". The 5th graders will begin walking the halls for the last time at 11:45. All parents will go to the gym and students will end up there with you if you join us. If you are not able to join us, your child will go home their normal way at dismissal time.
Thanks for another great school year! Enjoy your summer!
Report Cards and more...
The following items will be in your child's report card envelope on Thursday:
- Grade Cards (K-5th)
- MAP Reports and Letter (1st - 5th)
- KAP Reports and Letter (3rd - 5th)
- Panorama Report and Letter (3rd - 5th)
- Supply Lists (K-5th)
Staff Changes for 2019-2020
The following staff members will be leaving MP at the end of the school year:
*Brooke Greve (2nd Grade)
*Lesley Holmes (Office)
*Brandy Hempen (Para)
*Tyler Boxberger, Nicole Kamradt, Kenn Woodward, Heather Merino, and Nicole Nafziger were part time or traveling specialists and will be leaving as well.
Please join me in thanking them for their service to MP over the years!
Please welcome the following new staff members (as well as some staff members that are changing grade assignments):
*Hannah Baughman (1st Grade)
*Marisa Gallo will be moving from 2nd to 3rd grade.
Please consider taking about 5-10 minutes to fill out the needs assessment. https://forms.gle/zfPH4jYLHXBsMEQL9. The purpose is to gather your feedback about our school counseling program. Your feedback will help me evaluate our school counseling program and look for ways to improve our services. Please submit your feedback by Thursday, May 23. Thank you for your time!
· As our school year is coming to an end, it is time for me to return student medications. If you have provided medication(s) for your child this school year, I will send all meds home on the last day of school with your child. If you would prefer a different method of receiving the med(s) please let me know. Also if your child will be leaving before the last day of school, Thursday, May 23rd please let me know so that I can send the med(s) home early. I really not want to leave any medications at school over the summer for safety reasons.
· I will need new doctor’s orders for the 2019-2020 school year for student medications.
· Fifth grade parents – your child/children will be bringing home the KSHSAA physical form and concussion protocol form. If your child plans on participating in any sport, including cheerleading and dance in Middle and High School they will need to have the KSHSAA physical form completed yearly. I encourage you to make an appointment for a physical with your child’s doctor early! These appointment times fill up early.
· And finally if you have any gently used shorts or pants that no longer fit your child and you are looking to donate them, my “Spare Clothes Closet” is running low on all sizes starting at size 4 through size 14-16/XL
Wishing everyone a safe and healthy summer!!!
2018-2019 MP Yearbooks
If you ordered a yearbook, these will be given to the students on Tuesday, May 21st. We do have a limited amount of yearbooks that can be purchased in person. If you didn’t purchase online and are still wanting to purchase one, please call or come by the office and check to see if we have more for purchase. They are $22.00 and cash only, exact amount. It is first come, first served and when we run out, there won’t be any more to purchase.
All student library books are to be returned today to the library. If your child forgot, please have them bring it on Monday.
Moving from Manchester Park?
If your family is moving or leaving Manchester Park, please call the front office and let us know at your earliest convenience. Thank you!
Shatto Milk Bottle Caps
The deadline for Shatto Dairy bottle caps is this coming Monday, May 20th. We are so close to our goal to earn money! Every one counts so please turn them in if you have them. The Shatto box is located in the lobby.
Lost and Found
LOST & FOUND: Is your child missing a glove, jacket, water bottle, etc? Please have your kids check the Lost & Found at the school. Right now the table and coat rack is completely full! There are lots of items that need to find their way home! Whatever is left after the last day of school will be donated. The lost and found table/rack is currently located outside of the flex room and I will move it to the front of the school outside of the office during the last week of school.
Next Week's Calendar
Monday, May 20th - E Day
*4th grade 50 States Parade 8:45
*Talent Show at 2:00 (4th graders)
Tuesday, May 21st - A Day
*Move Up Day (10:20 - 10:55)
*3rd-5th grade Awards (1:50 - 2:40)
*Yearbook Signing (2:45 - 3:20)
Wednesday, May 22nd - B Day
*Talent Show at 2:00 (5th graders)
Thursday, May 23rd- Half Day
*Last Day for Students
*Dismissal at 12:00 (Clap out for fifth graders at 11:45)
*5th grade Celebration (8:30)
Staff have noticed that some emails from parents have been going to our junk mail. If you haven't received a response in a couple of days from our staff, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
Dismissal Procedures during Inclement Weather
Due to our recent storms that so conveniently started right around dismissal, we have made the decision to pause dismissal for the safety of the students. There are times that this is a directive from the school district and there are times that we need to make the decision based on the weather that is in Lenexa at that time. If it is raining heavily and/or lightning, we will pause the dismissal until it lightens up or we feel it is safe to exit the building for the students and staff. If your child is a walker and you are coming up to meet them. We will gladly release them to you. If we do not see a parent or guardian and the rain is not letting up, we will call you and let you make the decision as to having your child walk home or not. Please understand that we will err on the side of caution in these situations.
Ways to stay "In the Know"
**Read the school wide emails like this and any classroom news from the teacher
**Subscribe to the PTO website: https://manchesterparkpto.membershiptoolkit.com/
**Follow the PTO on Facebook and myself on twitter @MP_Principal.
**Download the Olathe Schools App