We are Learning & Having Fun in K-1
Thank You Veterans!
What We Are Learning...
This week, we started guided reading! The kids are very excited to bring books home. Please make sure they read them every night and that you initial that they have done so. If you have any questions, please let us know! We also practiced writing e and learned the letter r. Don't forget that "e" is special because it starts under the plane line. In Math, we started Chapter 4, counting up to 10. Our new sight word this week was "a". In writing, we finished up our "I can" sentences, where we arranged the sight words in order, left a space in between in word, and stretched what we could do as best as we could. We can do SO many things, and becoming writers is one of them!
This week in Second Step, we discussed how friends can sometimes have different feelings on the same things. Ask your child how Slow Down Snail and Impulsive Puppy compromised on the playground.
- Great job as "Star of The Week" Luca! Thank you for the DEE-LISH Banana Muffins
- Happy Birthday Gavin Barclay!
Thank You, Veterans!!!
Bits & Bobbles...
- We use Brain Breaks often in the classroom. They are structured activities that are great to use when the kids just need to get the wiggles out. They are also good to use before doing homework, or if you need to break up your assignments. You can see another example below.
- Please check your child's folder every night
- PLEASE, PLEASE, (PLEASE) label any and all money (in an envelope or baggie with your child's name) coming into the classroom. This is exceptionally important for lunch money. All it takes is "two loose lunch monies" to get mixed up.