Ixonia Elementary School
March 20, 2020 - Virtual Learning Plan
Classroom Virtual Learning Plans
Week 1 Reflection Video from Stacy Yearling, Principal
Spring Break Closure
Other caregivers on the daily lesson plan email?
Virtual Learning Feedback Form
Feel free to submit a response for your entire family or you may provide separate feedback for each child. Your responses are confidential, unless you provided your email at the end of the form for us to respond to your questions or concerns. Thank you for helping us grow!
Request for Device
Please complete this form if:
- Your child does not have access to a laptop, chromebook, desktop or tablet (like an iPad).
- Your child does have access to one of the above, but an older sibling or parent is using it during the day.
- You need assistance with WiFi access to these devices to get on the Internet.
While we cannot guarantee that a device is available, we are gathering information on needs to make that determination. We will do our very best to fulfill all needs. Devices will be cleaned before distribution. Distribution will be arranged with families sometime before spring break ends via email or phone call. More information to follow by early next week.
Starting Monday morning, teachers will check any submitted work from the previous week and finish their attendance for the week prior. We will then move onto the new week of learning.
Free Home Account for Epic
Classlink is an important resource for your child to log on to every day. By logging on here, it will give them access to all the websites that the district has subscriptions to and they won't have to keep logging into each individual site.
How does my child login?
- Your child should have been sent home wiht a login sheet on Friday. They may also already know how to log on.
- If not, usernames and passwords can now be found in Family Access (for elementary students).
- If you are still having trouble logging in, you can call 262-560-2123 or email email@example.com.
Please watch this video to help you log on:
IMPORTANT: Seesaw Instructions
Always click the instructions before starting the activity. See the picture below for where to find the instructions.
Classlink, Seesaw, Dreambox...OH MY!
WiFi options for families
- Starting Monday, March 16th, Charter Communication will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a subscription. A service of up to 100 megabits per second will be provided. Those interested in enrolling are asked to call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Use the following website to check discounts available with other internet providers: https://maps.psc.wi.gov/apps/DiscountPrograms
- The Oconomowoc Public Library was planning on being open to allow for access to internet service. If you plan on going there, I would suggest calling first to confirm their hours and make sure they are still open. The number is 262-569-2193.
- Fill out our Device Request Form (found above) and we will try to assist you further.
OASD FAMILIES UTILIZING FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH PROGRAM
Families that qualify for free or reduced lunch can pick up a full week of breakfast and lunch “Grab and Go” meals at Oconomowoc High School East Campus. Pick up dates and times are as follows:
- Sunday, March 29: 4 –6 p.m.
- Monday, March 30: 8 a.m.-10 a.m. or 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
Please reach out to our student services team with any questions, concerns or needs:
If you are in need of a Free/Reduced Lunch Application form, those can be submitted at any time throughout the year. Please contact Erin Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Childs at email@example.com. All requests will be kept confidential from all school staff. Assistance is available during these critical times.
We need your help: All-School Read Aloud Book Contest-VOTE!
Classrooms have been reading various picture books throughout our school over the past few weeks and voting for their favorites. We are down to our FINAL FOUR, so unlike the NCAA, our virtual tournament can continue! Between now and Friday, March 23rd @ 5:00 p.m. please watch these videos of staff reading these books and have each child VOTE for their favorite book. We will announce the book winner when we return from spring break!
Listening to these books counts towards your child's reading minutes in our reading challenge!
VOTES CAN BE SUBMITTED FOR EACH CHILD THROUGH THIS LINK: https://forms.gle/ugYFXpTYNZBSnuMx8
March PBIS - Responsible Reading Challenge!
And even though we are not in school, we ask that your child keeps reading their books and logging their minutes. THE CHALLENGE WILL CONTINUE!
We will keep track to see which classrooms and students have read the highest amounts while we are on our extended leave from school.Two-three students from each class with the highest number of reading minutes will be eligible for special experience when we return to school.
There will also be whole class competitions throughout the month, so everyone's total reading minute count!
Please keep track of their reading minutes each day and send your child's teacher an email of their total minutes read for the week.
- On Wednesday, March 18, please email WEEK 2 minutes read from March 9-March 15.
- On March 30, please email minutes read in WEEK 3 March 16-March 22 & WEEK 4 March 23-March 29
How should I contact the school if my child is unable to complete learning tasks (for any reason) on a particular day?
- If a child is unable to participate in virtual learning on a particular day, the parent/guardian should still call the attendance number (262-560-8403) for their child’s school and report the absence for either illness or vacations. If your child is ill please, continue to leave their symptoms along with your message.
- Continuing to take attendance will allow the District to track illness and better prepare for student safety when children return to school.
Families should also email the child’s homeroom teacher directly if their child is unable to participate in daily virtual learning.
The most up-to-date information about clubs, school activities, conference dates, days off, etc. All months of the year can be accessed through the link and is updated on a daily basis.
Five O's Girls Fastpitch
La Belle Yacht Club Sailing School
Volunteer & Chaperone Background Checks
Would you like to volunteer or chaperone a field trip at the school? All school volunteers must pass a background check prior to volunteering.
The Oconomowoc Area School District is now using SecureVolunteer to process criminal background checks for volunteers. All volunteers must be screened prior to volunteering for a school event or in a building.
SecureVolunteer is a completely web-based/paperless system. BIB takes personal data security and privacy very seriously and has instituted safeguards to protect personal data.
Background checks are good for 3 years.
Click HERE to start!
Follow Us on Social Media
Ixonia Elementary School
Ixonia's school day runs from 8:40 am - 3:40 pm. Students are encouraged to be at school by 8:30, but not before 8:25 am, as no outdoor supervision is available before that time. If your child will be absent from school, please contact our attendance line at 262-560-8402.