January 30 - February 5, 2022
We are off to a strong star to the second semester of the 2022-23 school year! In our weekly Management Monday Advisement period on 2/7, teachers will with students their academic progress through the first half of the school year. This individual support provided to every student is an integral part of the Advisement period at BHS another resource for the support of our student's success.
News and Notes, below. As always, let us know if there are any additional ways we can support you or your student's success.
Brockport High School
Ph: (585) 637-1877
Fax: (585) 637-1867
News and Notes
- 2/8 - 9th Grade Assembly
- 2/9 - 10th Grade Assembly
- 2/9 - 8th Grade Parent Information Night 6:30p
- 2/10 - 11th Grade Assembly 2/14
- 2/11 - One School One Book Virtual Author Visit
- 2/15 - BOE Meeting 6pm Food Link Pop-Up Food Pantry 3-5pm
- 2/16 - Choir Concert 7pm Department Meeting 2:20pm
- 2/21 - Presidents Day- No School
- 2/22-2/25 - Winter Recess- No School
8th Grade Parent Night!
Dear Parent(s) and Guardian(s) of the Class of 2026:
We are excited to welcome the class of 2026 to Brockport High School!
I would like to invite you to our 8th Grade Parent Orientation Meeting will be held in-person in the BHS Auditorium from 6:30-8:00pm on Wednesday, February 9, 2022.
At this informational meeting, will address many topics related to your child’s successful transition to Brockport High School in the fall of 2022.
Topics Covered will include:
- Introductions of administration and next year’s 9th grade counselors
- Transition planning
- Course selection process
- Orientation information
- FLEC high school transition support program
- Athletic opportunities
- Extra-curricular and co-curricular opportunities
- Avenues for academic and social-emotional assistance
- Graduation requirements for a BHS diploma, and more!
New this year, we are excited to include a student and parent panel as part of the agenda so you can hear directly from current BHS families how best to make this a successful transition. High school is an exciting, challenging, and rewarding period for both students and parents, and we look forward to our partnership in supporting your student’s success.
Please feel free to contact the Main Office at 637-1870 if you have any questions or concerns.
Brockport High School
Scholarship Opportunity Sponsored by The Black Women’s Leadership Council
The Foundation was created by the Black Women’s Leadership Council. This council of dedicated professionals, from Xerox Corporation, created this foundation to help aid in the development and growth of young Black women.
The BWLC Foundation has been hard at work since 2000, raising funds to support young African American females from all over the country who will be attending a college or a university. Since the year of the BWLC Foundation’s inception, 155 recipients have benefited from a portion of the $142,850 raised on behalf of the Scholarship Fund.
Scholarship will be awarded to qualified students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Black Female 23 or younger
- Minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0
- Along with the application please provide:
- Official high school or college transcript
- Photo (for inclusion in winners’ announcement if selected)
- Personal typed essay based on the suggested topic: Maximum of 500 words
Access additional information and the online application here.
Congenital Heart Awareness Week
Please consider joining the Students in Action class as we support Congenital Heart Awareness week. The students will also have a table during lunch periods this week where you can stop by and fill out a heart with a message to children who are currently at Golisano Childrens Hospital. Thank you for your support!
- September 26 - October 2, 2021
Brockport High School: (585) 637-1870
Principal: (585) 637-1877
Assistant Principal Benzan: (585) 637-1870
Assistant Principal Bourne: (585) 637-1979
Assistant Principal Iacchetta: (585) 637-1870
Attendance Office: (585) 637-1871
Attendance Office email: email@example.com
Counseling Office: (585) 637-1873
School Nurse: (585) 637-1872