Fantastic 4th Grade
Week of September 19, 2016
Class of 2025
4th grade has an Instagram page and we would like for you to follow us! We are only allowing parents to follow our page. If you have an Instagram page, please send me your username so I can identify you after you request access to our private page. The fourth grade page is called "Hedgcoxe2025" and we can't wait for you to see the pictures that we post on our page!
Instagram Username: Hedgcoxe2025
Tuesday, September 20th: Picture Day
Thursday, September 22nd: Begins 4th Grade Lunch Day (Thursdays)
Tuesday, September 20th - 4th Grade Parent Information Writing Night (STAAR, homework, 4th grade, etc.)
August 29th-September 16th: BOY Diagnostic Testing
plano.discoveryeducation.com You will be taken to a login screen. Enter your network username (firstname.lastname or firstname.lastname.1) and password.
Unit 2 - Designing Alarm Circuits
(September 19-October 28)
· the flow of electrons can take a variety of paths to complete a circuit.
· electrical energy can be transformed into light or motion, and can produce thermal energy.
· a switch can be used to control whether a circuit is closed or open and uses mechanical energy.
· when an electric current flows through a wire from a battery, it produces a magnetic field.
· electrical energy moves through materials that are conductors (metals). Insulators (rubber, plastic, wood) do not conduct electricity well.
· humans can harness electrical energy to do useful things.
· a circuit must be closed in order for electricity (current ) to move through it.
- electrical energy
Unit 2 - Addition and Subtraction
The mathematical focus of Unit 2 is developing and using strategies and methods (including the standard algorithm) for adding and subtracting whole numbers and decimals to the hundredths place in order to solve problems with efficiency and accuracy.
Social Studies: I can interpret and describe information on a physical map of Texas.
Writing: I can write a descriptive composition with paragraphs, correct conventions, and transitions.
Reading: I can describe the interaction of characters including their relationships and the changes they undergo.
Language: I can write examples of a compound sentence.
Click here for the information from our 4th Grade Parent Information Meeting on August 30, 2016.