How to keep your body lean and mean
5 Rules of Performance Nutrition
1) Always eat 5 times a day. Try to maintain a steady diet of 3 nutritious meals a day and 2 snacks when you get hungry. Make sure you eat carbs before you exercise to have enough energy.
2) Plan your meals, and try to have a ratio of 1:2:3. 1 part fats, 2 part protein and 3 part carbohydrates.
3) Coordinate your carb intake with the energy you plan on using for the next 3 hours.
4) In order to lose fat you need to focus on your caloric intake. To lose weight you need to burn more carbs than you consume, however to gain muscle, you must consume less than you burn and convert your fat into muscle by exercising.
5) With your physicians permission, consider taking vitamin supplements.
Eating to stay fit
Before you exercise, carbo-load with foods like pasta, bread, or pancakes.
Pay attention to the Glycemic Index (which is the measure of your blood sugar levels), you need to pay attention to your glucose intake.
Fiber is also crucial to your diet, eating fiber helps your digestion.
Competed in multiple Olympic games, won 2 silver medals and now teaches a nutrition course with her longtime husband Joshua.
After a brief run in with the law, and a quick 18 month stay Riker's Island, Josh has turned his life around and showed us that under his murderous exterior, he is a loving character who might be telling the truth when he says he didn't murder those families. (But he probably did.)
African tribal. Very motivational. Doesn't speak english..or any language we recognize.
Make sure to get the amino acids vital for muscle growth.
Make sure to have both Whey and Casein proteins, for they do different things. Whey protein stimulates synthesis (muscle growth), casein however, promotes balance in your protein levels.
Make sure you know the difference between anabolism and catabolism. Anabolism is the building up of the metabolic process and the latter is the breaking down. The two alternating is known as your metabolism.
Make sure to eat protein with every meal to guarantee constant and regular energy levels.