Info Gathered by: Sam Bamber
What are Statisticians?
Statisticians apply statistical theories and methods to solve practical problems in business, engineering, the sciences, or other fields, decide what data are needed to answer specific questions or problems, determine methods for finding or collecting data, design surveys or experiments or opinion polls to collect data, collect data or train others to do so, analyze and interpret data, and report conclusions from their analyses.
What is the Required Education for Statisticians?
- take all of the mathematics, statistics, science, commuter, and English courses provided.
- major in statistics or applied mathematics
- must take Math 1A Calculus, Math 1B Calculus II, Math 53 Multivariable Calculus, Math 54 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations, Stat 133 Concepts in Computing with Data, Stat 134 Concepts of Probability, and Stat 135 Concepts of Statistics.
What are the Skills and Characteristics of a Successful Person in This Field?
critical thinking skills
- writing skills
What are the Typical Wages for Statisticians?
- Just out of college, statisticians are offered a salary of $60,000 a year.
- The median salary is $75,560 a year.
- A statistician can earn more than $121,890 a year.
What is the Job Outlook for Statistician?
What are Some Professional Associations for Statisticians?
- The American Statistical Association
- The Council of Professional Associations on Federal Statistics
- The Caribbean Association of Professional Statisticians
What are Some Job Listings for Statisticians?
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Public Health
- National Defense