- Saudi Arabia is located in the Middle East in Asia.
- The hemisphere is North Eastern.
- The capital of Saudi Arabia is Riyadh, located 24.63 degrees North and 46.71 degrees East
- Some bodies of water surrounding Saudi Arabia is the Red Sea, the Persian Gulf, and the Arabian Sea.
- Some countries that border Saudi Arabia is Iraq to the North, Jordan to the West, Oman to the South, and the U. A. E to the East.
- Saudi Arabia is a huge country, in a desert. Because it is a huge desert, and there are no water sources directly around Saudi Arabia, the people have needed to learn how to grow things in the desert and get the water they need from the water resources around them.
- The type of government in Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy. The leader of Saudi Arabia is the King from the Al Saud family. The government and is based on the religious books of Islam. This affects the people because the government doesn't allow them to do the things that the religious books don't allow. The economy is a command economy because the King controls what the people make and how much money the earn.
HUMAN ENVIRONMENT INTERACTION
- Saudi Arabia has A LOT of oil. Jobs are needed to dig the oil.
- Saudi Arabia is a desert. To provide needs for themselves, they have to modify the desert to give water, for there are no pure water sources nearby, so Saudis get water from the underground.
- The official language of Saudi Arabia is Arabic, which is thes holy of Islam.
- Only rich Saudi Arabians use the telephone and computer. Saudis use the television, email and letter to communicate.
- In 1932, Saudi Arabia wasn't developed. Now there are more that 3 million roads and air, marine, trains, and public transportation.
- The location affects the movement because the right type of transportation is needed for the type of location. In Saudi Arabia you can't have a boat to transport the goods, there are no water resources to travel on; but you can travel on camel in Saudi Arabia, that is more reasonable.
REGION (PART 1)
- The Red Sea
- Persian Gulf
- Asir Mountains
- Riyadh (Capital city)
REGION (PART 2)
- Saudi Arabia's religion is Islam. Saudi's are strict Muslims; the Saudi government is based on Islam.
- The language of Saudi Arabia is Arabic. Arabic is also the sacred language of Islam.
- Islamic law does not allow Muslims to consume alcohol or eat pork.
- Saudi's take part in the month long fast-Ramadan, which you can not eat from sun up to sun down. This is in the lunar year, so Ramadan always changes.
- In a Saudi family, a wife is given just as much power as the husband. Husbands are not allowed to give women flowers.
- The typical food if Saudi Arabia is the pita bread, rice, lentils, grains, lamb, chicken, and rice.
Saudi Arabia is such a big part of Islam because 2 very important cities for Islam are in Saudi Arabia, Mecca and Medina. Mecca is where the prophet Muhammad was born around 400 B. C. Muhammad was the founder of Islam. The Great Mosque is also in Saudi Arabia, Mecca. Ever year, as apart of the 5 pillars of Islam, Muslims around the world come to Saudi Arabia for Hajj. Hajj is a Muslim needs to visit the birthplace of Islam at least once in their life. Medina is in Saudi Arabia which is also a Holy city. Medina was the place Muhammed died, so it is considered ver holy.