The Great Depression
1. The great depression began in 1929.
2. Many people lost all their savings.
3. Many people were unemployed and production went down.
4. the depression hit its lowest point in 1933.
5. world war II ended the great depression.
Franklin D. Roosevelt is my key person. He was the 32nd president of the united states. He lead the unted states through the great depression and world war II. He greatly expanded the role of the federal government. He helped the people get through the great depression.
1. The stock market crashed in october 1929.
2. Herbert Hoover was elected president in 1928 and he wanted to avod fear about the word " Panic".
3. In the 1932 presidential election, voters elected franklin D. Roosevelt.
"Depression, Great." The New Book of Knowledge. Grolier Online, 2014. Web. 15 Jan. 2014.
This shows what the unemployment did over the great depresion.
Stock Market crash
This newpaper is from when the stock market crashed during the great depression.
this picture shows that the line for the unemployment was out the door just to get free food.