Avilla Elementary Family Newsletter
We are looking forward to holding our fall parent/teacher conference meetings next Thursday, September 17. All conferences are scheduled with your child's teacher. We are offering an in-person and online meeting option.
Our fall fundraiser kicked off this week. If you choose to allow your child to participate we ask that you practice social distancing, sell to only close family and friends, and consider the online ordering option to share with these folks. It is not necessary for your child to participate in this annual sales effort, but we do appreciate your consideration to participate. This fundraiser allows us to receive a nice amount of money that we can spend exclusively at Avilla Elementary for things like curriculum support, student activities, classroom supplies, and experiences for our students. If your child is an online student at this time you may pick up a fundraiser packet at the school. Just visit us during regular hours and give us a call when you arrive, we'll bring the packet to you.
I have received many positive comments from parents about the beginning of this school year. I appreciate all of this feedback and will continue to ask that you reach out to me directly with any positive feedback about our staff or experiences that your child shares with you. I also welcome any concerns that you may be having. We can never solve a problem that we aren't aware of so please reach out if you have concerns.
We are happy to serve your family as your child's school and look forward to seeing you in person more often as our pandemic restrictions lift (hopefully soon!). Thank you for all of the support that you provide to us by spending time with your kids and keeping involved in their learning.
Friday, September 25 eLearning Day
Reminder: Our breakfast is not served on 2 hour delay days.
Our students are fortunate to have so many caring instructional assistants to help with learning.
Miss Williams is our school counselor. Ask your child what they have learned in her lessons this year.
Blood Drive September 24
Donors can go to www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code “avillaelem” to sign up online.
Or use this direct link: https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/drive-results?zipSponsor=avillaelem
- Students who recruit a donor for the upcoming blood drive will receive an Exclusive Red Cross LCD writing pad for each student recruiter. These will be handed out at the blood drive.
- Blood donations collected at upcoming blood drives will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. Results of your antibody test will be available in your Blood Donor App, or in your donor profile on RedCrossBlood.org about one week after your donation. Learn more
Video Link: Five things I learned at school today
If you would like to volunteer to help at the blood drive, please call us at the school so we can collect your information and share it with our Red Cross representative.
Car Line Reminders
- Arriving early and waiting will most likely take more of your time than showing up closer to our doors open and dismissal time. We need everyone to show up closer to our advertised times in order to lessen traffic on streets close to the school.
- Preschool parents should be the only people in our car line before 2:30. Our preschool parents pick up around 2:10 and have been blocked by people waiting for our 2:45 dismissal. Please help us by keeping the car line open for preschool pickup. These students need the most help with car pickup and a clear line really helps.
- Please do not park your car and walk across the street to greet your child. When you remain in your car it helps us to worry less about pedestrians and takes less time to get students to where they need to be.
Sept. 10-22 Fall fundraiser sales window. All orders are due on September 22.
Sept. 14-18 Progress report grades available online, Google Slides for K-2 and Powerschool 3-5
Sept. 17 Parent/Teacher conferences scheduled with your child's teacher
Sept. 25 eLearning day for all students, teacher professional development day
Oct. 21 Fundraiser item pick up
Nov. 5 End of trimester 1
Nov. 9 Report cards issued
Jan. 8 Progress report grades available online, Google Slides for K-2 and Powerschool 3-5
Feb. 17 End of trimester 2
Week of Feb. 22-26 Elementary parent/teacher winter conferences by invitation only
Feb. 22 Report cards issued
March 8-19 IREAD-3 Testing window
April 13 Progress report grades available online, Google Slides for K-2 and Powerschool 3-5
April 30 Fifth grade visit to Junior Achievement Biz Town
May 26 Report cards issued on last student day