JSE Weekly Newsletter
January 4 - January 8
Family Resource Center
Click the red bar below to read the January edition of the Reading Connections Newsletter
UPDATED COVID GUIDELINES
The Tennessee Department of Health issued new Covid isolation and quarantine guidelines recently, which we adopted as required. These new guidelines follow revised guidance from the CDC affecting our students and staff in the following ways:
- Asymptomatic individuals will isolate for 10 days instead of 14 days.
- Asymptomatic individuals in isolation can reduce the 10 day isolation period to 7 days with a negative test. (contact your school nurse for details)
- Day #1 of quarantine is the day after you were last exposed.
- If you have no symptoms after exposure, you are released from quarantine after day #10.
- If you have no symptoms after exposure AND your PCR test is negative you are released from quarantine after day #7, allowing you to return to school on day #8 (rather than after day #10). This test must be administered on day 6 or after and must be a PCR test - not a rapid test.
This new guidance is now incorporated into our decision trees, FAQ document, and various notification letters. If you wish to review these revised documents, please use the links below.
Following the winter break, parents should notify the school of any positive cases or close contact quarantines during the break. This information will further inform instructional and scheduling plans. PLEASE contact the school by January 4th if your student(s) or family was impacted by COVID during the winter break.