Weekly Update #15
Woo Hoo! We made it to Winter Break!
Things I am thankful for in 2015:
- 76 motivated and talented orchestra students at Springman
- A fantastic and 'mysterious' fall concert
- The opportunity to perform at Navy Pier due to students pure talent
- Being able to join forces with the band to create a symphony (always a dream of mine!)
- Loving coming to work everyday thanks to you and your students support and love of orchestra!
Things I am looking forward to in 2016:
- 5th grade transition day performance by 6th graders and getting to meet all the future Springman orchestra students
- Three EXCITING NEW units for all grades when we get back from break
- A 'moving' spring concert
- Getting to spend more time working with all your children as they continue to progress on their instruments
Only good things are happening in Springman orchestra! I can't say 'thank you' enough!
Schedule for 2016!
Second, you will see new trimester 2 lesson schedules. There are a few changes:
- Lessons now go ALL DAY (up until 3:00!) woo hoo!
- There are no longer make-up lessons. If a student forgets their lesson they will earn a 0 for the week. If they know of a conflict with a test or quiz, they must e-mail me PRIOR to their lesson and I will give them another time slot. Of course if a student is not at school, it will not count against them in the grade book.
- 6th grade lessons are now on THURSDAYS.
- 7th grade lessons are now on TUESDAYS.
- 8th grade lessons are split between MONDAY AND FRIDAY - make sure to double check which day you have a lesson that week!!!
Here is the schedule for when we get back from break:
Monday (1/4) - 8th grade morning rehearsal, 8th grade lessons
Tuesday (1/5) - 6th grade morning rehearsal, 7th grade lessons
Wednesday (1/6) - 8th grade morning rehearsal
Thursday (1/7) - 7th grade morning rehearsal, 6th grade lessons
Friday (1/8) - Wildcat Symphony morning rehearsal, 8th grade lessons