Southwood Academy of the Arts
March 29th - April 2nd
There’s a lot going on in all of the science classes. Ms. Lee’s students are researching
different types of animals. In Mr. Burdette’s class students are learning all about how the heart
works. For an activity, students did jumping jacks or running in place and then took their heart rates. Mr. Parker’s students are learning about earthquakes.
Step It Up News
Spring Break is April 3rd - 11th!
Spring Break Survey
Congratulations to SAA Students!
On Wednesday, March 31st, the SAA Concert Winds will be performing virtually for our annual statewide performance assessment! This will necessitate students missing some academic class time; grade levels and times are listed below. Participating students are to get the assignments ahead of time, and they will be able to make up work during band class.
3/31/21: Recording session beginning 8:30-10. 6th and 7th grade will miss academic classes at that time.
Congratulations to all of the participants! Anna K, Mia A, Bayleigh H, Brooklyn F, Cobi D, Hector PJ, Maggie H, Layla P, Lily M, Ryker E, Trace W, Jayden A, Ava A, Grady D, Aliana GP, Jacob G, Michael J, Gavin K, Jack R, Andy V, Jack Z, Carson B, Matthew H, Aynsley J, Sophia K, Kieren M, Cameron M, Brylee M, Donavan RH, Anthony R, Derrick S, Hayden S, Adrian W, and Kahlessa W.
A5 Free Internet Information
This 7 page document has many helpful hints and links for Google Classroom, Google Meet, and much more.
AM Drop Off - front of the school 7:30-8:15!
Don't Forget Athletic Shoes for PE Day!
Don't Forget to Wash Your Masks!
Early Dismissal / Appointment Policies
- When you arrive at school, please call the office: 864-260-5205 to let us know you are here to pick up a student for dismissal.
- Make sure to have your license ready and press the buzzer for entrance.
- Once the door is unlocked, be prepared to show your license through the window while you will remain in the foyer. Please DO NOT enter the office area.
- We will have a sign-out sheet in the foyer. Please know that we will get your student to you as quickly as we can.
News from Nurse Rosa
1. Take the temperature of any child demonstrating shortness of breath, loss of taste, sore throat, muscle aches, chills, new or worsening cough, or runny nose.
2. Keep the child at home one or more days to monitor symptoms.
3. If you decide to have a COVID-19 test, notify the school nurse of the results so that the school can implement the Enhanced Health and Safety Protocols in the classroom(s) where your child attended.
*All information will remain confidential between the school and family. No other families will be given the health information of your child.
TDAP: All students are reminded that they must have their Tdap vaccination BEFORE starting 7th grade! Now is the time to schedule an appointment for your 6th grade student. Please submit documentation to Nurse Rosa after immunization.
For any health-related questions, call the office or email Nurse Rosa.
TLH Cheer Tryouts
Tryouts for TLH Competition/Football Spirit Cheer will take place April 12-16, 2021 in the auxiliary gym for those that have completed the Google Form. The Google Form can be found on the school website and cheer social media. For additional information please contact Head Coach Kelly Jones via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This includes spring and summer workout information and a Google Classroom code for McCants Football.
Read 3 & Review 3
2020-2021 District Calendar
Southwood Academy of the Arts
Eric Chamblee, Associate Principal & Instructional Facilitator
Paula Doolittle, Guidance
Joshua Powell, Arts Lead Teacher
Cheri Gilbert, Secretary