Home Design Of The Future
Part 1 Research
1. If I were to live some where I would be living in Hawaii which is tropical. there will be trees, bushes, and native flowers
2. some fruits and vegetables grown in my garden would be mango, pineapple, Papaya, taro and Okinawa Sweet Potato. Those are some of the plants that can be grown in Hawaii. I would use eco friendly pesticides like garlic spray, hot pepper wax and neem, if it doesn't work I'll just use normal pesticides. Lastly the fertilizers I would use is manure.
3. I would have a sports car, bike and longboard as transportation. I would use the bike and longboard if I am traveling some where close by and use the car if I am going somewhere far.
4. I would have a recycling bin, garbage bin and a composte bin
5. Even though dolphins isn't a big concern for WWF I would sponsor them so I can help them to not go close to endangered.
Atoms, Elements, and Compounds
1.-brominated flame retardants (BFRs), which include polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs). Studies have found PBDEs to be endocrine disruptors, which interrupt the hormone processes in the body.
-dioxane: it may exert its effects through inhalation, skin absorption, and ingestion. 1,4-dioxane is listed as a carcinogen, causes cancer.
-dieldrin: A pesticide that has a very long lifespan in water, soil, plants, fish, animals and humans. It has been shown to cause liver cancer in laboratory animals.
2.the formula for dieldrin is C12 H 8 Cl 6 O.
The Characteristics of Electricity
1. my house will get energy from the islands wind farm, petroleum,Biomass (Sugar Cane), Geothermal and hydroelectricity. I would want to add solar panels possibly. Some is sustainable like hydro, wind but petroleum is non sustainable.
2. I would like to have solar panels, insulated windows,energy efficient lighting, heater and air conditioning.
3. I will have energy star fridge, dish washer, oven and other appliances because they are more energy efficient.
4. I would buy compact fluorescent or led light bulbs