Jack Anderson Elementary
April 9-13, 2018
Vote for Jack Anderson Elementary as Sumner County's Best Elementary School!!!
April Calendar (& A Little Bit of May)
We Need You To Be A Proctor!!!
Please consider spending an hour or two in a 3-5th grade classroom on testing days. Your only responsibility would be to assist the classroom teacher in case of an emergency. We are required for test security reasons to have an extra adult in every testing classroom whenever possible. To sign up for a time, please call Rachelle Phelps 615-264-5830,
email email@example.com or sign up online at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c44afaf2fa75-tnready1
2018 Testing Information for 3rd-5th Grade
News from the Jack Anderson PTO
· Brenden Brewer was last week’s $5 Box Top Winner!!! Don’t miss out on your chance to win!!! We want all the Box Tops we can get!! GAME ON!!
· Friday is our 4th Quarter Spirit Day!! It’s the last chance to win the Spirit Stick!! Bring on the Jaguar PRIDE!!
· Calling all Moms!!! The Mom’s Night Out Sip and Hop at the Loft is set for Thursday, April 19th at 6pm. (Streets of Indian Lake) Enjoy 2 hours of extra pampering and shopping. Refreshments will be served. Bring a friend and come mingle with JAE moms. Get a great deal on some new Spring items! Invite your teacher too!! All teachers get 15% off!!
Lock Down Drill on Tuesday
We will have assistance from Deputy Scott, School Resource Officers from other schools, and the local EMS. Jack Anderson is incredibly fortunate to have our very own SRO. Deputy Scott is amazing! She goes to great lengths to ensure that our campus is safe every day.
Calling All 2018-2019 Kindergarteners
Eligible children are those who are five years old on or before August 15, 2018. Before starting school, the following information must be provided to school officials:
- A photo ID is requested to identify the parent/guardian enrolling the child.
- A state-certified copy of the child’s birth certificate. (Forms to obtain certified copies of birth certificates can be obtained from the Sumner County Health Department located at 1005 Union School Road Gallatin, TN 37066)
- Proof of required immunization and current physical. These items can be provided by the Health Department OR the child’s doctor. State law requires a series of three Hepatitis B shots and other immunizations, some of which must be spaced out over a specific period of time. Please check with your child’s healthcare provider to make sure all shots can be obtained before the start of school.
- Two (2) documents establishing proof of residence are required: 1.) Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for specific address (Notary public or typed/hand-written letters from land owner are not accepted). 2.) Current invoice/bill (electric, gas, water, landline telephone) assigned to a specific address and the primary custodial parent/guardian. (Cell phone bills will not be accepted).
**Your child will be given a testing date on the day of registration.
For Incoming Kindergarten Students For the 2018-2019 School Year
*Students Must Turn (5) On, Or Before August 15th, 2018
*Students Must Currently Live In the Jack Anderson Elementary School Zone
Items Needed For Enrollment
*TN State Shot Record w/ Physical
*DL/Picture ID of Primary Residential Parent
*Certified Birth Certificate (not mothers copy)
*(2) Proofs of Residency In Primary Residential Parents Name (must be directly relatable to address – lease, mortgage document, utility bill)
*Custody Papers If Applicable
**Residency Will Have To Be Verified Again In August During The Back To School Event**