FPHS Parent and Student Memo
Jan. 25, 2021
FPS District Equity Statement
AREAS OF FOCUS AND IMPROVEMENT:
- Equity and Social Justice
- Improved Instruction
- Family and Community Engagement
Dear Parents and Students,
This week, there is no school on Monday, January 25.
- In order to still have all classes meet twice this week, all 6 classes will meet on Tuesday following the schedule below:
Period 1 8:30 – 9:10 (40 min)
Period 2 9:20 – 10:00 (40 min)
Period 3 10:10 – 10:50 (40 min)
Period 4 11:00 – 11:40 (40 min)
Lunch 11:40 – 12:10 (30 min)
Office Hours 12:10 – 12:30 (20 min)
Period 5 12:30 – 1:10 (40 min)
Period 6 1:20 – 2:00 (40 min)
Please, visit our district website HERE to stay up-to-date on our Hybrid/In-Person Learning Updates.
Finals Week is coming up quickly:
Feb 1: Day 1 of Finals. 75 minute finals for periods 1, 2, and 3 in our normal/current schedule.
Feb 2: Day 2 of Finals. 75 minute finals for periods 4, 5, and 6 in our normal/current schedule.
Feb 3: Asynch Weds.
Feb 4 and 5: Half days (shortened classes). Schedule below.
Feb 8: First day of Semester 2.
Bell schedule for Feb 4 and 5:
- Per 1/4 8:30 – 9:25am
- Per 2/5 9:35 – 10:30am
- Per 3/6 10:40 – 11:30am
Please, make sure you have all the info below. We miss you and wish you all the very best. Stay safe and be well!
FPHS ASB Announcements:
January Culture Calendar
January is ...
- Poverty in America Awareness Month: Learn more HERE.
- 1/1: NEW YEARS DAY: Learn more HERE.
- 1/6: THREE KINGS DAY (DIA DE LOS REYES MAGOS): Learn more HERE.
- 1/18: DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY: Learn more HERE.
Cardinal Character Trait for January: DETERMINATION!
LIFE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL:
Family and Community Engagement
The Franklin Pierce High School Food & Hygiene Pantry is available for all students and their families.
Use this LINK to view our current food & hygiene pantry options. Please mark the items you need and staff will put together a bag or box. We will contact you when your bag is ready for pick up or delivery.
Additional ways to request items: You can request a paper copy of this form by contacting Bonita Lee at email@example.com or call 253-298-3837 to request items via phone.
Homework Center: Free Tutoring Daily
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 11am to 12pm and 2pm - 4pm.
- Wednesdays: 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm.
HW Center LINK.
FPHS Sports: UPDATES!
Parents and Athletes,
Franklin Pierce HS is a member of the SPSL 2A. The league has currently adopted the following dates and schedule for (Fall, Winter, and Spring) sports.
Season 1 – Football Starts February 10th. Remaining fall sports (February 15th – March 27th)
Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, Girls Soccer, Girls Swim, Boys Golf, Girls Golf, and Cheer/Dance
Season 2 (March 29th – May 1st)
Baseball, Fastpitch, Boys Soccer, Girls Tennis, and Track & Field
Season 3 (May 3rd – June 12th)
Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Wrestling, Boys Tennis, Boys Swim, Girls Bowling
Please continue to check the weekly memo and contact the coach of your child’s program. As soon as possible, register your son or daughter in FamilyID and ensure they have a current physical. This will help expedite the clearance process once sports begin.
Link to athletics registration
Fall Sports Coach Contacts
Football – Trevor Hanson - Thanson@fpschools.org
Cross Country (Boys and Girls) – Jesse McNeil firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf (Boys) – Colin Horak - Chorak@fpschools.org
Golf (Girls) – Jeff Melvard - email@example.com
Soccer (Girls) – Kyle Wynkoop - firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball (Girls) – Tiffany Disney – Tdisney@fpschools.org
Coaches will still be required to administer the following protocols for student athletes as they return to conditionings and practices
FPSD Daily Screening Protocols
· All coaches, student-athletes and approved school personnel are required to complete an in-person COVID-19 Screening PRIOR to entrance to the training session.
· Temperature will be taken of each person attending the training session.
· Screening questions will be asked of each person attending the training session. This allows coaches to interact directly with the student-athlete.
· Any coach or student-athlete answering yes will not be allowed to enter the facility or practice. Contact parent/guardian immediately about next steps and pick-up from practice.
· No parents or spectators will be allowed at Fall Training in-person practices. Only coaches, student-athletes cleared for practice, athletic trainers, and approved school personnel will be permitted. Others are welcome to wait in their vehicle or return after practice for student pick-up.
· Coaches will receive training/instruction on all screening protocol prior to conducting any training session.
· Cloth masks will be properly worn by student-athletes any time they are not participating in drills. Entering and exiting the facility, moving around the facility, occupying the sideline, etc. To the extent possible masks should be worn during training.
· Students will bring their own clothing, towels, and other personal equipment. Sharing of any equipment is NOT allowed.
· Everyone will bring their own container of water to drink. Sharing is NOT allowed. Water faucets will not be available to use.
· Gathering size meets TPCHD and State DOH guidelines. This number will depend on multiple criteria such as TPCHD metric status, State DOH Guidelines, WIAA guidelines for each sport, indoor or outdoor training, and capacity of the facility.
· Maintain distancing protocols per State DOH, WIAA and TPCHD guidelines.
· Practicing physical distancing of more than 6 feet is always required of all participants
New Video for Athletics!
SENIOR Yearbook Photos and SENIOR Grad Ads!
Hello Seniors!This is a reminder from your FPHS Yearbook Crew that senior portraits are due by 1/6/21 (due date was extended). The deadline for Senior Grad Ads is 3/12/21. Below are instructions on how to upload them online (do not send photos via email). Please, remember this is for seniors only. Underclassmen who want to submit photos will have the opportunity to do so at a later date. Thanks!
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Franklin Pierce HS Website
- FPS Remote Learning Website
- IT Help Desk for Students and Parents: 253-298-4647, 7:30AM to 4PM.
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- FPS Breakfast and Lunch Program: www.fpschools.org/meals
- FPS Education Resources: https://www.fpschools.org/exended-closure-resources-and-information/closure-educational-resources
- Want to add Canvas to your phone? Android or iOS. Once you download the app, search "fpschools" to find our district.
- FPHS Facebook page.
- Information about GRADES and GRADING.
- Information about BUSES.
- District CALENDAR.
- Information about ATTENDANCE.
- How to access and use DORA.
- Zoom Tutorial HERE.
COVID- 19 Resources:
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Gov. Inslee's COVID-19 updates web page: https://www.governor.wa.gov/tags/covid-19-coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- District resources and partners: https://www.fpschools.org/departments/family-engagement-office/community-resources
- Check with your phone and internet provider: many providers are offering free and/or unlimited data, internet etc. during the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
- Financial Resources: https://dfi.wa.gov/coronavirus/financial-resources
DAILY/WEEKLY SCHEDULE: (Note: 2pm to 3pm is asynchronous/homework time for students)
PIERCE COUNTY SKILLS CENTER SCHEDULE:
Need help with time management or organization?
If you're noticing that managing asynchronous time has become a challenge, please use the Weekly Planner attachment below to organize your day. If you're organized and managing your time wisely, you should be finished with all of your schoolwork by 3pm each day. If you're using this planner and still not able to finish by 3pm, please contact your teachers or the HW Center for additional help.