Progress is one thing but Reform changes it all!
- When Roosevelt was campaigning for president, someone tried to assassinate him before a speech and shot him in the lung. Roosevelt went ahead with the 90 minute speech as blood spread across his shirt.
- Made sure that he was know as a great leader and used the big stick.
- Didn't maintain Roosevelt reform progress
- Failed to substantially reduce duty's
- Declined repeated offers from Roosevelt to serve on the Supreme Court
- His inability to take initiatives in legislative matters and assert himself for the good of the nation
- Lack of administration during his term in the office caused him no to have a 2nd term.
- "The Jungle" which was an expose of the appalling and unsanitary conditions in the meat-packing industry.
- "The Jungle" was influential in obtaining passage of the Pure Food and Drug Act.
"American President: William Howard Taft." Miller Center. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Mar. 2013. <http://millercenter.org/president/taft>.
"Social Security History." The United States Social Security Administration. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Mar. 2013. <http://www.ssa.gov/history/sinclair.html>.
"The American Novel . Literary Timeline . Authors . Upton Sinclair | PBS." PBS: Public Broadcasting Service. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Mar. 2013. <http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americannovel/timeline/sinclair.html>.
"Theodore Roosevelt | The White House."The White House. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Mar. 2013. <http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/preside