OGES Technology Updates
Our first BYOT Tour was a huge success! Everyone did a terrific job and now it is time to look ahead at our upcoming Parent BYOT Tour on Dec. 5th. Those of you who participated will be great mentors for your teammates. For this tour, all classrooms will participate so that parents are able to see how we are using technology in all classrooms and areas. (EIP will push in and Enrichment will pull late, 4th and 3rd specials will be adjusted) The tour will follow pretty much the same structure as last time, but will be a little shorter. We will get specific time and schedule details to you as soon as we have a better idea of the numbers attending. This is our chance to show them that we are doing amazing things with technology and hopefully this will encourage them to allow their children to bring their devices to school!
November 18th is the next BYOT Training session with Angie Foerster and our Parent BYOT Tour will be on Dec. 5th. Mark your calendars!
Felt Board App
This is a fantastic app that can be used for all of our students. Students can use it to compare/contrast items, create stories, and even turn their creations into movies!
Felt Board iPad App
Need a large clock to display on your screen? Clock Tab is great!
Great ideas for Using Educreations in the Classroom!
This fun app is sort of like Mad Libs. It is good practice with parts of speech: adjectives, nouns, verbs...plus it is available for iOS and Android!
More Technology Information:
- Several of our teachers will be receiving new machines through a county refresh. Their old machines will go into the Second Lab. If you are unable to signup for the Second Lab, please contact Mrs. Walters. The Second Lab is available for you to bring your students to work on Google docs, Google presentations, access educational websites and much more!
- If you need to print something special in color, please use the Second Lab printer.
- If you are having a technology problem, be sure to complete a technology work order by clicking on the link on the left side of the teacher homepage.
- I will be sending out a survey soon to see what technology topics you would like to learn more about.
- Don't forget to add your class pictures to the T: drive in "Photos 2013-14." We need candids, but also at least one group photo.
- I will be sharing two new calendars with you this week for the iPad checkout sets. No signups will be allowed for dates past Dec. 20th, until after Thanksgiving Break. More guidelines to follow!