What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley Newsletter ~April 22, 2018 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
I hope that you all had a wonderful, restful and fun Spring Recess. Believe it or not, we are entering the final stretch; Wow!
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
- BoE has voted on End of Year Schedule: Last Days of School (for students): Wed, 6/20. The last 3 days, 6/18-6/20 are Early Dismissals (1:37 PM).
- Special PTA General Meeting: THURSDAY, 4/26, 9:30-10:30 AM- Click HERE for agenda.
- STEAM Night: Hawley STEAM Night is this Thursday evening, 6:00-7:30 PM. This is an opportunity for students and parents exclusively in Grade 3 and Grade 4 to explore the fun and wonder of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math). Students rotate through stations with their parents and engage in hands-on activities! Click HERE if you want to RSVP: still some room.
- REMINDER 1: If you are picking up a child early for an appointment, please wait in the main office (not the lobby) after signing in. Thank You-
- REMINDER B ;0): As our weather improves, I want to remind you that if you are walking home with a student(s), they are considered pick-ups and should be met at the gym doors not in the lobby. Walkers, by BoE Policy are students that leave the campus unattended by an adult.
Author Marty Kelley Visited
All students made and wore capes!
Marty was terrific. His energy and personality made for a great assembly. Thank you to the Literacy Week Committee and our PTA for arranging.
He found the Super hero in us all...
The Messiest Desk Contest
Mrs. Pirone's Class- Messy Birthday Party Desk
Mrs. Galassi's Class- Messy Recycling/Dump Desk
Mrs. Pond's Class- Messy Laundry Desk
Book Swap: HUGE Success!!!
Fathers Club Car Wash
The Hawley Fathers Club continues to support Hawley by fundraising and organizing fun-family events. This Saturday, 9:00-1:00, they are holding a Car Wash at Hawley. Please swing by for a wash to support the cause if nearby, or if you wish to donate some of your time, we would love to see you and certainly would appreciate the support. Click HERE to volunteer some time. Thank You!
4th Grade Celebration
- New Date: Wednesday, June 13th (rain date: Thursday, June 14th)
- Photos Needed!!! - Jeni Walker will be collecting digital photos for the End of Year 4th Grade Celebration to be used in the Yearbook and Slideshow. Please e-mail photos of your child and friends AT HAWLEY SCHOOL ACTIVITIES to hawleyCT2018@gmail.com. Subject of e-mail should be your child’s full name. Within the e-mail label each picture with the names of the other children from Hawley and the year it was taken.
What's Special About Specials.....
The Hawley School Website
Out of the Mouths of Babes......
Remember, the only kids I was around this week were my own.
"Oh, it is a shame that you all have work and school this week" teased Mr. M
"Well, don't forget the playroom needs painting and the gardens need bark chips" reminded Mrs. M
"and my car needs an oil change" added Brendan
"but it's my vacation, why don't you just add more things to do" complained Mr. M
"You can clean my room." yelled Sean from upstairs