NEWS FROM TEAM BOLINGER
Happening in the Classroom
- We have begun novel groups. Students are reading and discussing "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe," "Stone Fox," or "Pippi Longstocking."
- We have been working on persuasive writing. Students have been drafting a letter to President Andrew Jackson and voicing their opinions about the Indian Removal Act.
- This week we will engage in a Paideia seminar to analyze and discuss the painting "Trail of Tears."
- We are continuing our investigations of multiplication and division.
- Students have been using our Chromebooks to utilize technology during Math time. They have all been given PIN's and login information for the website www.xtramath.org, Xtramath.org provides students master basic math facts to build both accuracy and speed.
- We will have a quiz on Tuesday. Students received a study guide on Friday in class.
- In Social Studies, students are completing their projects to present what they have learned about the Cherokee people.
- This week, we will begin exploring one of history's greatest mysteries, the Lost Colony of Roanoke.
- In Science, we will be investigating static electricity. If you can send a clean, empty soda can in with your child on Tuesday or Wednesday, I would greatly appreciate that!
Happening Around School
- Be sure to stop by our Lobby to view the beautiful baskets, and buy raffle tickets to help our Fifth Grade raise money for their trip to Washington D.C.
- Please join us on December 17th for our annual Holiday Concert, Book Fair, Chili Dinner, and raffling of the baskets.
- Congratulations to ALL of the cast and crew of "The Adventures of Flat Stanley." Team Bolinger has many talented actors and actresses!