Week of September 15th
Dot Day (How about Dot Week?) #DotDay
Dot Day will be celebrated around the world on Monday, September 15th. Peter Reynolds describes it as a day of "2 million people celebrating creativity, courage, and collaboration."
I encourage you to join this week in going above and beyond to celebrate the unique creativity each of our learners possess.
Our Guiding Purpose- "At Austin Elementary, we are driven to unlock the passion and cultivate the uniqueness inherent in every learner." How can we use Dot Day as a way to demonstrate this belief in action this week?
Share your "celebrations" using #DotDay and #AustinLearns !
E-Time @ Austin Elementary
In the meantime, please remember to add your ideas/sentence/beliefs to the Padlet link on what you believe about E-Time and how you would define it- http://padlet.com/lmalone/etimedef
Also, here are some questions to consider in designing and planning for upcoming E-Times:
- What opportunities do my kids have to be creative individually and design their own experiences?
- Is this E-Time experience reversing the downward trend on the creativity line graph?
- Are all of my learners completing/working on the same thing?
- What evidence is there of my learners' interest inventories?
This past Tuesday, I had an opportunity to travel to several CISD campuses and witness how they were transforming their learning spaces. I wanted to share a few pictures with you. These pictures in particular show how educators are "repurposing" the spaces and materials they already had available. How could your learners help you redesign/configure your learning spaces for optimal learning?
*Note- Some pictures are a bit "woma-janky" with how they uploaded. I'm sorry that you may have to turn your head to see them fully!*
Life Principle - Character
Quote - "Ability will enable a man to get to the top. But it will take character to keep him there." Author Unknown
Healthy Tip - Eat a healthy breakfast everyday. You will feel good and have lots of energy to do your best in school.
Week At A Glance
-Celebrate Freedom Week - use #CISDCelebrateFreedom to share out
-Educator Goal-Setting Conferences
Sunday- Happy Birthday Natalie Paraliticci!
- Dot Day!
- 3:30 - 3rd/4th/5th Cluster Refresher
- 4:30 - Dyslexia Curriculum Night (Library)
- 6:00 - Pine Cove Chaperone Meeting
- 3:20 - Team Leaders meet in Clinic for quick info from Nurse Janie
- 3:30 - Vertical Team Meetings - Look for info from your Content Specialist on location.
- College Day
- 8:00 - Kinder Bear Parade
- David Noel (Science Coach) meets w/ each team briefly during Conference Period.
- 9/22 - Fire Drill
- 9/24 - 4th/5th Grade Progress Report Grades Due in System