McCord Middle School October 10, 2022 - October 14, 2022
Our latest Finance Fun Facts
Ski Club Information
Ways for parents to help with the Fall Wolf Pack Party!
Student Council is hosting the first Wolf Pack Party of the Year on Friday, Oct. 28, from 6-8 pm! All McCord students are invited to attend, and tickets (which must be purchased before Friday, Oct. 28 at 4 pm) are just $5, on MyPaymentsPlus or at the McCord office. Proceeds of ticket sales benefit McCord Student Council. Students may purchase pizza, candy, snacks and beverages at the event for $2 each, while supplies last. If you're looking for easy ways to get involved and volunteer, here's your chance!
- Sign up now to help out by selling pizza, candy, snacks and beverages at the event (all food and beverage will be provided and set up...volunteers just need to sell it to students!)
- We also have a few spots open for parents to help staff with event clean up!
- Student Council is hosting some fun games at the event and would also appreciate donated gift cards! If donating gift cards, please drop off at the McCord office, to the attention of Ms. Crocker, student council advisor. All gift card amounts are appreciated -- gender neutral gift cards (Target, Walmart, Amazon, Starbucks, Chipotle, Chik fil A, Panera, Graeters, etc.) are most useful.
Thanks in advance for helping make our first Wolf Pack Party of the Year a success! Here's the Sign Up for the volunteer opportunities: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084fadad2babf94-2022
Cell Phone Reminder
We will use the following protocol for students who have cell phones out during school hours.
- First time: Staff warning and reminder to go put in locker.
- Second time: Teacher will call home and with possible teacher given consequence.
- Third time: Office referral with potential consequence as well as student/family being asked to either leave cell phone at home or drop it off at the office each morning for a collaboratively determined length of time. The office has a locked cell phone box to store phones in for security.
- Fourth or more: Student will be required to leave their phone at home or in the office for the remainder of the quarter.
Families who have unique circumstances that may impact this should reach out to the Principal or Assistant Principal to set up a meeting and plan for your student's cell phone at school.
Greetings from CoolTechGirls,
CoolTechGirls is a nonprofit dedicated to providing a supportive and collaborative environment to school age girls to ignite their passion in science and technology. We work with local companies and educational institutions, namely schools and colleges, to showcase women role models who share their life experiences and career aspirations. Our goal is to continue to collaborate as we continue to inspire young girls to participate in STEM. You can check out our past partnerships and programs at https://cooltechgirls.org/.
This fall, we would like to share with you the CoolTechGirls TechnoFashion program for middle school girls. There are 3 workshops on October 15th and 29th and November 12th and we would like to invite the girls from your school to participate! Please forward the information below to girls in grades 6-8 who are interested in Science, Technology, and Engineering. We would be grateful if you could share a post dedicated to TechnoFashion through your school's social media channels as well.
The interested students and parents can click on the following registration link: https://forms.gle/vuuySgZCY43R45KF9 and register for our program. Upon submission, parents will be asked to pay a $50 registration fee, which covers the cost of the three technical workshops. If they cannot afford this fee, they can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining their situation.
This small, one-time fee, will cover the following aspects of the program:
Three in-person workshops covering engineering and wearable technology concepts
Workshops designed in collaboration with our OSU associates
All workshop materials, including one workshop kit valued at a total of $110
Work on three projects during the workshop hours
Access to mentors, as needed
Please visit our website https://cooltechgirls.org/ to see the details on last year’s program. We have attached the details to this year’s program to this email.
The girls of today creating the world of tomorrow
through science, technology, and engineering.