PQ Tuesday Newsday
August 22, 2023
Dear PQ Families,
We want to thank you all for helping us prepare for the first day of school! This time of year can be busy for all of us, and we appreciate you taking the time to complete the “important task” each week.
Task # 3: DISTRICT APP & THE REUNIFICATION PLAN. Please see below for information on how to stay connected and be informed. Safety is our number one priority, so please take a moment to review the District’s Emergency and Reunification Plan.
Important bus information! In the parent portal, you will find your child’s bus number. The
bus route numbers, bus times, and bus stop locations will be the same as last year. You will only receive a letter for bus Information if you are: new to the district, if your address has changed, if your child is moving from 5th to 6th grade, if your child is entering Kindergarten, or if your child is going out of the district. If you have any questions, please email Joe Senatore at firstname.lastname@example.org
PQ Pointers was created to provide some basic information for families about the ins and outs of daily life at PQ. If you have any questions about the day-to-day operations of the building, the answer can most likely be found in PQ Pointers.
Thank you for all of your support and engagement! Looking forward to seeing everyone at Family Open House Night!
Important Task #3 - District App & the Reunification Plan
There are several vehicles we use to communicate important information to parents. The first is the District App that you can download onto your phone. Click the link below for a video on how to do this. The app includes notifications, the lunch menu, and other information from the district website.
Emergency and Reunification Guide for Parents
Safety is, of course, our top priority. The link below will bring you to our district's "Emergency and Reunification Guide for Parents" which will explain our district wide and school level Emergency Response Plan. Please take some time to read through it.
Important Task #1 -eSD Parent Portal
eSD Parent Portal is an important app we use throughout your child's entire K-12 experience. At PQ, you get your child’s teacher assignment and report cards form the Parent Portal. At the MSHS, you will get your child’s schedule, grades, etc. You create this account in Kindergarten and it remains the same for your career in the district.
**Please make sure you have logged into eSD Parent Portal. When you log on, you will be asked to verify/update your information. It is very IMPORTANT that you do this for three reasons: 1) so we have accurate phone numbers to reach you, 2) so we have accurate emails to send you information, and 3) so that we have the necessary emergency contacts in case we are ever unable to reach you in an emergency.
Once you update your information, make sure you CLICK the VERIFY button! This is a very important step!!!
If you are new to the district, you will need your child's ID number before logging into Parent Portal. Incoming Kindergarten parents should have received a letter in the mail by now that contains their kindergartner's ID number. New students in 1st-5th will receive their student ID number via email. If you have not received this information please call the school 914-669-5317.
If you have returning students, you would have already created a login for Parent Portal. We still need you to log in and double check that the information in the system is up to date and correct.
The eSD Parent Portal can be found on the school website. Click the button in the middle of the PQ homepage called Parent Log-ins. There is a link and a tutorial there. Here is a direct link to the eSD Parent Portal.
Be sure to do this in advance of August 18th. Your child’s teacher assignment will be posted late afternoon on this date!
Important Task #2 - Family ID
Notes About Logging Into Family ID
1. If you created an account in the past, click log in and type in your username and password.
2. If you are new to the district, click Create Account.
3. For Organization Name, type North Salem
4. Under the North Salem Central School District, click on "2023-2024 Beginning of School Information for PQ Elementary."
5. Click Register Now.
6. IMPORTANT - In the beginning, you don't have to fill in more than the first two sections - Participant Information which is your child's name, school, and graduation year and grade and the Parent Information for whoever is filling out the form. Your next step is to review the policies that need to be signed off on.
7. You need to do this for each child. If you have children in both the MSHS and PQ, make sure you are using the correct form for each child.
8. Follow the directions at the end of the form to complete the process.
Please complete this by the start of the school year for each child. Thank you!
Classroom Teacher Assignments
Classroom Teacher Assignments are available in Parent Portal.
If you haven't already signed up for Parent Portal please look at "Important Task #1" for information on signing up.
We hope you are enjoying your summer. Just a few reminders from the Health Office regarding the upcoming years medical paperwork needs.
· New York State law requires a health examination for all students entering the school district for the first time and when entering K, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th grade. The examination must be completed by a New York State licensed physician, physician’s
assistant or nurse practitioner.
· The physical form can be found on the school web site under our schools, then Pequenakonck, health office and then forms.
· A copy of the health examination should be provided to the school within 30 days of the start of school.
· Any physical dated from September 7, 2022 through present can be accepted for the 2023-2024 school year.
· All immunization records must be completed and submitted within the first 14 days of school. This is by September 20th 2023. If your child needs to catch because they are behind on their immunizations, the nurse’s office must be provided with the dates of all the appointments.
· If your child will require medication for the next school year please fill out the appropriate forms (please see attached information on medication) and bring the medication to the open house day or on the first day of school.
Please remember all forms need to be signed by both the parent and the health care provider and can be found on the school website. The medication must be brought to school, by parent or designated adult unless the student has the attestation forms to self-carry on
file. Please check the expiration dates of all medications prior to bringing them to school.
Danielle Zaetz, RN
The District website explains how families can apply to the state to see if they qualify for Free or Reduced meals. Please click the following to link to our website for this information:
Watch our IMPORTANT TASK section in future Tuesday Newsdays for how to set up your child's lunch account.
Upcoming Building Events
September 6 - 1st Day of School
- - Kindergarten Early Dismissal 11:30
- - PQ PTO meeting 9:00am
- - Board of Ed Meeting 7:30pm
- - Kindergarten Early Dismissal 11:30am
- - Kindergarten Early Dismissal 11:30am
- - New Families and Kindergarten Social 4:00pm
September 11 - Kindergarten Early Dismissal 11:30am
September 12 - Kindergarten Early Dismissal 11:30am
September 13 - Kindergarten Early Dismissal 11:30am
September 14 - Kindergarten FULL Day
September 20 - Board of Ed Meeting 7:30pm
September 21 - PQ Curriculum Night for Grades K, 1, & 2 @ 6:00pm
September 25 - No School
September 28 - PQ Curriculum Night for Grades 3, 4, & 5 @ 6:00pm
- PQ Band Orientation 7:00pm
After School Enrichment
The ASE committee is excited to offer our Fall 2023 ASE program. ASE is an after-school program that provides safe, fun, educational, and memorable, after-school activities for students at PQ.
Registration will run from August 27th at 8 PM through September 17th at 8 PM. We will be using a new registration system this year. Please check the PQ ASE site for sign-up details once available.
See the link below for offerings and a more detailed explanation of the classes:
Email the committee with any questions at email@example.com.