April 4, 2016
Events and Announcements
G-Phi Crescent Classic Week
- Today, April 4 in the Student Center from 10am-2pm ...... Library from 7pm-10pm: Gamma Phi Beta will be hosting a Bake Sale to support Girls on the Run! We will be selling our baked goods by donation, so every bit helps!
- Tuesday, April 5 from 5pm to 8pm on the Olin Quad: "Gamma Phi Beta Grill Off". Gamma Phi Beta will be hosting our annual Grill Off! Tickets can be purchased from a GPhi or at the event for $5. It includes a burger, chips, and a drink. Fraternities will compete to make the best burger. Whichever sells the most will receive money towards their philanthropy!
- Wednesday, April 6 from 5pm to 9pm at Buffalo Wild Wings in East Peoria: "GPhi Buffalo Wild Wings Take Over". Gamma Phi Beta is sponsoring a Buffalo Wild Wings Take Over. Go to the East Peoria BWW and present the FLYER for dine in or take out! 15% of the sales will be donated to our philanthropy! The flyer does not have to be in color, and be sure to cut out each individual ticket (there are three per page). Help support our philanthropy and go get some wings!
- Thursday, April 7 from 7pm to 11pm at the Gamma Phi Beta House: "Grilled Cheese with the GPhiB's". We are hosting our annual grilled cheese event at our house! One grilled cheese is $1 and one grilled cheese + tomato soup is $4.
- All proceeds from these events will benefit Girls on the Run.
Sigma Phi Epsilon Philanthropy Week
- Tuesday, April 5: "Raise Bail"
- Wednesday, April 6: Scavenger Hunt at the Sig Ep House from 1pm-3pm
- Thursday, April 7: Sign the Banner for Camp Big Sky outside of Bradley Hall from noon-5pm.
- Friday, April 8: Subway Night from 4pm-8pm
- All proceeds go towards Camp Big Sky.
- For more information, visit their Facebook Page or contact Mitch Hayashi.
Greek of the Week
- Nominate members from any chapter that show great leadership skills and create a positive impact in the Greek Community. Greek of the Week recipients will be awarded a certificate and a t-shirt!
- HERE is a link to the nomination form.
Student Body Officer Debate
- Come see the Student Body Officer Candidates debate this Wednesday, April 6 in Marty Theatre at 7pm! Learn more about the candidates and help inform your vote! Elections will be next Monday and Tuesday, April 11 and 12.
Sigma Nu Philanthropy Week
- Wednesday, April 6 from 4pm-8pm at Meinen Field: Co-Ed kickball tournament. $20 entry fee. Maximum of 12 players per team.
- Thursday, April 7 at 5pm at the Sigma Nu House: Alexander's has donated 200 burgers, cookies, and chips! We will be serving until food runs out. $5 entry fee.
- Friday, April 8: Our annual Gameball Run from ISU Redbird arena to the Children's Hospital in Peoria.
- Sunday, April 10 at noon at Dozer Park: Philanthropy check presentation at the Bradley Baseball Game vs. Missouri State.
- Questions? Contact Sean Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
PIKE Represents: St. Baldrick's
- On Friday, April 8 from 11:30am-4pm on the Olin Quad, to watch volunteers shave their heads for Childhood Cancer Awareness.
- Mayor of Peoria, Jim Ardis, will give brief remarks before the event. We will also be selling burgers, dogs, chips and drinks during the event. All proceeds as well as donations will benefit the St. Baldrick's foundation.
- You can sign up or donate ahead of time at our website: https://www.stbaldricks.org/events/bradleyuniversity2016.
- Thank you for your support and we hope to see you there!
MS Bags Tournament and Cookout
- Saturday, April 9 on the Olin Quad from 3:30pm-7pm
- Two person teams can participate in a bags tournament to help raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society! The cost per team is $10 (which includes a meal ticket).
- If you are not interested in participating in the tournament, come out for food and enjoy the fun! Meal tickets cost $5. There will be burger, brats, hotdogs, chips a soda served.
- A cash prize of $25 dollars will be given to the winner of the tournament. The Greek House with the most participation will be given 10% to their philanthropy of choice.
- You can register at the event (please show up at 3:30) or contact Clay at email@example.com. Money is due at the event.
- Check out the Facebook event for more information!
Peoria, IL NEDA Walk
- Saturday, April 9 from 8:30am-11am in the Markin Center
- The Bradley Body Project team expands understanding and promotes acceptance of every BODY. One of our many areas is raising awareness in regards to eating disorders which affects approximately 30 million Americans. This spring, we are working with the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) to bring the first-ever Peoria, IL NEDA 1-mile walk to the community!
- The NEDA works to raise awareness as well as funds so individuals and families affected are able to receive treatment and support. A major part of their fight against eating disorders is through their NEDA walk program. Since 2009, NEDA has raised $3 million and attracted over 100,000 people across the nation to participate. This activism assists critical programs and services that aim to improve prevention, treatment, and research.
- Check In: 8:30am, Opening Ceremony: 9am, Walk Ending: 11am.
- Our fundraising goal is $7,500. Questions? Contact Ashley Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join our event on Facebook and spread the word!
- HERE is the link to register or donate to this amazing cause!
Student Body Officer Elections
- Elections will be held next Monday, April 11 and 12.
- Voting is held on Sakai.
- For more information on the candidates, click HERE.
Teacher of the Semester Award
- Feel free to fill out this quick nomination FORM and you and your teacher will have the chance to be chosen to go to a free dinner sponsored by Bradley's Fraternity and Sorority Life!
- Applications are due on Monday, April 18. The recipients will be chosen that week. The dinner will be held the following week, date TBD.
Foster Week: Presented by the Dean's Student Advisory Council
- A week dedicated to collaboration and the development of community among students in the Foster College of Business taking place Monday, April 11 to Friday, April 15.
- Events all week are sponsored by the business organizations.
- In the Baker Hall Atrium, tomorrow from 10am-3pm and Wednesday from 11am-3:30pm, if you're a major or minor in the Foster College of Business, stop by and get your free ticket to attend our Kick-Off BBQ lunch on Monday, April 11 from 11am-2pm on the Baker Quad.
- For information on all of the events, please check out our FACEBOOK PAGE.
- Any questions? Contact Dave Jensen at email@example.com.
UIFI Informational Meeting
- Monday, April 11 from 7pm-8pm in the Student Center Executive Suite
- The Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute® (UIFI®) is a five day institute that brings together fraternity men and sorority women from across North America to create opportunities to explore, define, and enhance their leadership skills, personal awareness, commitment to their fraternity or sorority, and grow to expect values based action from themselves and those they lead. At UIFI®, you will be given the skills to improve your own leadership abilities and positively affect your chapter, council, and community.
- To learn more: http://www.nicindy.org/undergraduate-interfraternity-institute.html
Cards for Kids
- On Monday and Tuesday, April 11 and 12, stop by the Student Center from 11am-2pm to make a card for a child at the Children's Hospital of Illinois.
Pinwheels for Prevention
- Tuesday, April 12-Thursday, April 14 outside of Bradley Hall from 11am-3pm
- Come and help our garden grow with Pinwheels for Prevention. Sigma Delta Tau will be selling pinwheels for $1 each to support Prevent Child Abuse America. Garden will be there as well during that time.
3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- Wednesday, April 13 from 6:30pm to 8pm in the Markin Recreation Center. Team Check-In will begin at 5pm.
- Show us what you got at our 3v3 basketball tournament that wraps up our joint philanthropy week! The entry fee will be $15/team. First place winner will receive a $75 gift card of their choice. Second place will receive $15.
- HERE is the link to sign-up.
- All proceeds will benefit the Children's Hospital of Illinois and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Greater Peoria Area Fellowship of Christian Athletes presents Christian hip hop artist, songwriter, and record producer LeCrae at Bradley's Renaissance Coliseum on Sunday, April 17 at 7pm. Grammy winner LeCrae has 7 best-selling albums, including his most recent, Anomaly, which debuted at #1 with Billboard 200 this September. His story has been highlighted in Rolling Stone Magazine. He's performed on The Tonight Show, hosted the Dove Awards, and regularly mentors a number of professional athletes. MTV characterized him as the "evolution of hip hop", while his message remains true to his beliefs of inspiration and faith.
- General admission tickets are $35 and can be purchased online at www.PeoriaFCA.org/lecrae-concert or at the Renaissance Coliseum.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 642-1105.
- For the flier, click HERE.
Derby Days: Dodgeball Tournament
- On Monday, April 18 from 9pm-11pm in the Markin Performance Court
- For our philanthropy week, we will be hosting a dodgeball tournament. There will be a men's and women's bracket. Each team will be comprised of 5 people. The costs is $20 to make a team, which will go directly to our philanthropy: Huntsman Cancer Institute.
- Open to all non-greeks as well.
Derby Days: Slim Chickens Night
- On Tuesday, April 19 from 11am-9pm at Slim Chickens in East Peoria
- Attend Slim Chickens with the flyer and 15% of your sales will be donated to our philanthropy, Huntsman Cancer Institute.
- The FLYER must be brought in for your sales to be donated.
- Wednesday, April 20 from 7pm-8pm in Marty Theatre.
- Cassetta will be speaking about women's empowerment, self-confidence, and personal safety.
- For more information, visit her website.
Sigma Kappa Taco Dinner
- Thursday, April 21, 2016 from 4pm to 8pm at the Sigma Kappa house
- This event is $5 for endless tacos! The proceeds from this event will be going to the Sigma Kappa Foundation to then be disbursed among our four philanthropies: Maine Sea Coast Mission, Inherit the Earth, Gerontology, and Alzheimers.
- It will be a fun event with music, tacos, and prizes!
Student Organization Recognition Awards 2016
- As some of you know, at the end of the semester we recognize and honor various student groups, leaders, and advisors based on their performance and representation during the 2015-2016 school year. The awards honor different aspects and qualities that an organization and/or club sport should embody. Along with being recognized for your accomplishments, winners will also receive professional development stipends ranging from $100-$1000.
- Be sure to fill out an Awards Scholarship Application to nominate an organization, advisor, or individual within an organization for their above and beyond participation this year. Winners will be announced at the Student Leader and Organization Recognition Reception on Monday, May 2, 2016. Please turn in completed applications to the Student Activities Office (Student Center 28) or e-mail to email@example.com by Monday, April 11 at 5pm.
Leadership Studies Minor
The Bradley University Leadership Studies minor is designed to provide students the information, experience and opportunities necessary for them to gain an in-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of leadership. The Leadership Studies Minor (LSM) offers quality, practical, and challenging coursework for students wishing to enhance their leadership potential and development. This 18 credit program consists of 9 credits of core classes, (EHC 200 Introduction to Leadership Studies – 3 credits, EHC 300 Advanced Leadership – 3 credits, and EHC 486 Leadership Practicum), six credits in elective courses, and three credits in various topics in leadership (social justice, women in leadership, coaching & mentoring, pop culture, and many others).
A minor in Leadership Studies at Bradley University is an excellent addition to any student’s major. The addition of a minor allows students to learn how various leaders respond to the challenges and complexities of managing projects and individuals.
For questions, or to learn more, contact Jessica Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Scholarship EXPO Presentation Practice
Office of Sponsored Programs and the Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning
- Wednesday, April 13 from 5pm-7pm in the Renaissance Coliseum, pre-registration not necessary.
- This year for the Student Scholarship EXPO we will be offering a practice presentation session the night before the actual event. Volunteers will come and listen to a five to seven minute presentation so that the student presenters can practice presenting to a team before they must present to the judge teams. Pizza and refreshments will be provided for all who volunteer.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com
IFC, PanHell, and NPHC Council Survey
- HERE is the link to the survey to be completed. Let us know how we are doing as your Greek Life councils. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Schwartz.
- The IFC and PHC chapters will an 80% or more response rate will receive a prize.
- Between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m., stop by Markin Recreation Center in Room 30 on Study Day for this great event!
- Massage therapists will be giving 5 minute chair massages to all persons attending. Healthy snacks and positive mental health tips about the stresses of finals will be provided.
- No registration is needed for this event.
The HUMANe 5k Race seeking Volunteers
- Sunday, May 1 at Bradley Park
- Volunteers will help with traffic flow, pass out water during the race, pass out water and snacks at the post race event, and other random duties.
- Contact Brittany Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309)682-9015
- Want to find out more about the race? Visit www.peoriahs.org
Questions? Start with your council officers!
- Have a question about recruitment, Greek Week, or anything else?
- Reach out to your council officers - they are masterminds behind all of these awesome events.
- Simply look up the officer you need to get in contact with on the Greek Contact List and they will be sure to help you out, or get you in contact with Nancy Schwartz, Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life if needed.
Post Greek Week Survey
- Please take a few moments to fill out a survey regarding this years Greek Week. We would like to improve for next year however possible.
- To fill out the survey click HERE!
Events and announcements can be submitted by email (email@example.com).
If you have a promotional video or high resolution photo from a previous event that you would like to request be included in the upcoming issue, email the link or attachment(including the title and date of your submission) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any more issues or questions? Contact Dave Jensen at email@example.com