Chi Omega Parent's Newsletter
University of Iowa - March 2016
Top in Grades Recipients
We had our Scholarship Dinner to celebrate the 5 top in grades women from each pledge class. Congratulations to:
- Freshman Pledge Class: Abby Gorsche, Brooke Harris, Delaney Bounds, Karina Ikuta, and Anna Vos.
- Sophomore Pledge Class: Kenzie Kennedy, Jenson Bishop, Jeena Heeren, Madi Smith, and Alex Seavey.
- Junior Pledge Class: Sam Ellingston, Katie Giles, Maddison Wignall, Amy O'Grady, Maddie Flesner, and Meghan Bennett.
- Senior Pledge Class: Karly Dankert, Anna Santaga, Tess Kilapatrick, Justine Venegoni, Emma Hanson, Alex Chamberlain, and Hannah Rockford.
Keep up the good work ladies!
Greek Week will take place the week of April 10-16 and we will be paired with Beta Theta Pi and the Multicultural Greek Council. We are so excited to get started and have already been practicing for some of the events! This year there will be Penny Wars, Greek Olympics, Donut Giveaways, Diversity Iowa, and Follies. Greek Week is a great way for us to get to know other fraternity men and sorority women through fun competition.
If you want to help us win the Penny Wars bring some pennies to Mom's Day!
Our Sisters Traveled all over for Spring Break!
Mom's Day News
We're getting closer to Mom's Day and we hope you're just as excited as we are!
- Arrive between 10:00am and 10:45 am.
- Basement of the Sheraton Hotel (210 South Dubuque Street).
- Let us know ASAP if you will be donating a basket.
- Airliner is rented out for us Saturday night from 8:00pm until close.
- Bring pennies to help us win Greek Week!
- Graduation Luncheon May 14th- Invitations to be handed out at Mom's Day.
- Move Out for Live Ins- May 14
- Move In for 2016-2017 year- August 15
- Dad's Day- October 8
- Chi Omega Golf Classic- October 9
- Family Weekend- November 11-13
Our organization will help our daughters in the Chi Omega program by assisting the chapter with special projects, organizing events, fundraising and financial support, and volunteer efforts. Our group will ensure that the chapter receives the support necessary to help our Chi Omega women continue to stay focused and continue to be leaders in the University Campus and community.