Can You Tell A Story...
Six Word Memoirs
A Universal Language
Did you know that humans have been using symbols to communicate for over 17,000 years?! We have been doing this because symbols are incredibly powerful communication tools. Symbols can communicate faster than words, in more memorable and powerful ways, AND in a universal way that transcends cultural and language barriers...they are ONE language we ALL can understand!
Can you tell a story using 6 symbols?!
- Students will understand that symbols/icons are an incredibly powerful communication tool and are the one language that can be understood globally.
- Students will be able to create stories using 6 symbols/icons from The Noun Project.
- Students will know how to give proper attribution to the creator of the symbol.
- Create an account at The Noun Project using your SFS Gmail and password.
- Download 6 symbols from The Noun Project
- Tell a story using your 6 downloaded symbols (your own or a classic)
- Place symbols in chronological order into a Google Presentation, Doc or other medium in order to share your story with the class.
- Attribution (name of person who created symbol = Alarm Clock designed by Mayene de La Cruz from The Noun Project)
- HAVE FUN!! :)
- What went well?
- What was challenging?
- What could I have done better?
- Did I meet the learning targets?