Mill Valley Weekly
August 20th, 2020
Hello Mill Valley Families,
On Monday, August 17, the School Board took action on a revised 2020-21 calendar. Of particular note, you will see some days highlighted in blue. Those days are being designated for the following:
1. Planned remote learning days, where students will be at home and will have designated learning to complete (November 23, 24, March 26, April 30).
2. District custodial crews will engage in a thorough, deep cleaning of our respective buildings as well as reapply an antimicrobial protective product on high touch surfaces.
3. Staff will be participating in professional learning aligned to ensure our students in both the virtual and in-person learning platforms are keeping pace with essential standards and assessments measuring those identified standards.
One final change to note was made in February, where the red "No Student - Professional Day," was changed from February 26th to the 19th.
Robin Schrot, Principal
Allyce Harris, Associate Principal
The district Parent FAQ document is filled with lots of valuable information and we encourage you to take some time to read it thoroughly. However, if you still have specific unanswered questions, please don't hesitate to contact Mrs. Schrot, firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Harris, email@example.com
Reminder - Student Supply Drop Off Begins Tomorrow
Fri, Aug 21 from 8:00am-3:00pm
Mon, Aug 24 from 8:00am-4:00pm
Wed, Aug 26 from 4:00pm-7:00pm
Fri, Aug 28 from 8:00am-3:00pm
During your visit:
1. Drop off school supplies in your student's locker (lockers will be labeled).
2. Drop off medication (if applicable) in the main office. See below for additional information.
3. Pick up Family Name sign for student pick up. Signs will be located in the cafeteria, alphabetized. We will provide two per family.
If you would like to drop off medication, please do so in the main office.
A building map with classroom numbers and teacher names is LINKED HERE.
Please remember to wear your mask.
School Fees are Available to Pay Online
However, if you prefer to pay in person with check or cash, please stop in the office when you drop off school supplies.
New MV Students & Incoming Kindergartners
You should have received an email and survey on Monday, August 17th. We will give you the opportunity to ask questions and join Mrs. Schrot and Mrs. Harris for a Virtural Parent Meeting on August 24th at 10:00am or 6:00pm.
Students who opt for virtual enrollment will also be provided alternative opportunities to have pictures taken.
Parent Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
Click on the picture below to hear video instructions for our new parent pick-up procedure.
Staggered Start for Kindergarten Sept. 1st - 4th
For families new to our district, Kindergarten and 4K students begin their first four days with a staggered start. This is a great opportunity for us to get to know each other better in a smaller setting and helps to establish routine.
September 1: Only students w/last names A through K attend school
September 2: Only students w/last names L through Z attend school
September 3: Only students w/last names A through K attend school
September 4: Only students w/last names L through Z attend school
Spanish at Mill Valley
To find out more, please CLICK HERE.
Before and After School Child Care for the 2020-2021 School Year
Mill Valley is proud to partner with Champions Before- and After-School to provide flexible on-site programs. Available for all grade levels, Champions gives students a safe space to explore their interests by creating and innovating.
To find out more information or enroll your student, please click the link below.
Consider Becoming a Guest Teacher or Paraprofessional
We partner with Teachers on Call to fill our open positions for guest teachers and aides. Apply online at www.teachersoncall.com or call 1-800-713-4439.
- Flexible schedule - work when you want
- Great pay and other perks
- Share your skills and make an impact
- Prior teaching experience not required