The Weekly Howl
St. Francis Catholic School - Saturday, January 4th
Dear SFCS Parents & Friends,
This week we are beginning our Winter MAP Testing. We will not be beginning until Wednesday so the students have a chance to get back into their school routine.
In this edition of the Weekly Howl you will see many pictures of the activities before we closed for Christmas Recess. It was such a wonderful Advent Season at St. Francis Catholic School and the faculty enjoyed celebrating it with your children and families. We all look forward to beginning an awesome and successful year at SFCS! See everyone Monday!!!
Week of 1/5 - 1/11/2020
- The Epiphany of the Lord
- 3:15pm: Sr. & Jr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 4:30pm: Sr. & Jr. Boys Basketball Practice
Tuesday, January 7th
- Happy Birthday Bryan Goll!!!
- 3:00pm: Cheer Practice & Game (Practice in Family Center)
- 3:00pm: Bake Club Groups A & B (Family Center)
- 4:00pm: Sr. Girls Basketball Game vs. HHCA (Home)
- 5:00pm: Sr. Boys Basketball Game vs. HHCA (Home)
- 5:30pm: FSA Golf & Casino Night Meeting (Conference Room)
- 6:00pm: Jr. Boys #1 Basketball Game vs. HHCA (Home)
- 6:00 - 7:30pm: Youth Group (Multipurpose Facility)
- 10:00am: School Mass
- 3:15 - 4:00pm: Faculty Meeting
- 3:15pm: Sr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 4:00pm: Jr. Girls Basketball Game at HHP
- 4:30pm: Sr. Boys Basketball Practice
- 4:30pm: SAC Meeting
- 5:00pm: Jr. Boys #1 Basketball Game at HHP
- 6:00pm: Jr. Boys #2 Basketball Game at HHP
- 6:00 - 8:00pm: Youth Group (Multipurpose Facility)
Thursday, January 9th
- 8:00am: FSA Board Meeting (Conference Room)
- 9:15am: 5th Grade Backpack Buddies (Family Center)
- 4:30pm: Sr. Girls Basketball Game vs. Holy Trinity (Home)
- 5:30pm: Sr. Boys Basketball Game vs. Holy Trinity (Home)
- 3:15pm: Jr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 4:30pm: Jr. Boys Basketball Practice
1/14: End of 2nd Quarter
1/15: Bank in School
1/16: 2:00pm - JPIICS Visit to 8th Grade (Library)
1/17: 1:45pm - Geography Bee
1/18: KOC Spaghetti Dinner
1/20: School Closed - MLK Day
1/22: 3:15 - 4:00pm - Faculty Meeting (Teachers)
1/23: 2:00pm - Dr. Jankoski Parent Meeting (More info TBA)
1/24: 8:00am - PreK & K Parent Coffee
1/26 - 2/1: Catholic Schools Week
Discovery Lab -1st, 2nd & 3rd Grades
The week before Christmas Recess the students explored the idea of changing the shape of a material to change it’s properties. They revisited their work with index cards and saw how changing their shape changed the amount of weight they could support. A “stool” made of index cards was strong enough to support the weight of each of our first, second, and third graders. It even supported an adult’s weight. We looked at a new material, aluminum foil and explored it’s ability to make a freestanding tower.
DOCYBT Information and Forms
I hope everyone is having a very Happy Holiday Season. It is now time to get ready for the Diocesan Basketball Tournament. The DOCYBT will be held in Summerville on February 21-23. The paperwork for the tournament is due early this year so I am attaching the Permission/Waiver and the Code of Conduct forms to this email. These are due on January 10, the Friday after we return from break. I must have these to mail by early the next week. Also attached is the t-shirt order form which is also due on January 10. Please make checks payable to Joe Benning.
If you have two or more players’ going to the tournament, you may fill out one form and add all names to that form. I will make copies as needed.
Mr. Misko is working on the hotel information and we will be sending it out shortly but we need to get the above forms done very quickly. Again, please note the due date which is January 10.
Joseph R. Benning
Athletic Director/MS Mathematics
January Extended Care Projection Form
New Visitor and Volunteer Sign In Procedure
St. Francis Catholic School is pleased to announce that we will begin using the Raptor Visitor Management System as an addition to our SFCS Safety Plan for students and faculty. Part of keeping students and faculty safe is knowing who is in our building at all times and the Raptor system will allow us to do that. The Raptor system will better allow us to track visitors, contractors, and volunteers in our schools and provide us with a safer environment for our students and staff.
Upon entering a district building, visitors will be asked to present a valid state-issued ID, which will be scanned into the system. The Raptor system will check to ensure that registered sexual offenders are not entering our buildings. It is important to note that the Raptor system only scans the visitor's name, date of birth and photo for comparison with a national database of registered sex offenders. Additional visitor data from the driver's license is not gathered nor is the system connected to any other system such as the Department of Motor Vehicles. Therefore any other information on the ID is not scanned by the system and is not accessible to any of the users. Once entry is approved, Raptor will issue a badge that identifies the visitor, the date, and the purpose of his/her visit.
If you are interested in learning more about the Raptor visitor management system, please visit the Raptor Technologies website (www.raptortech.com). .
Thank you, in advance, for your understanding and support of enhancing school safety protocols in our district.
Reindeer Run & Christmas Festival
FSA Golf Tournament and Casino Night
I hope you all have marked your calendars for this years gala and first ever golf tournament! Both events will take place on Saturday, March 14, 2020. Kick off your afternoon with a round of golf at Palmetto Hall golf course followed by an evening of casino games, prizes, dancing, dinner and live and silent auctions at the Vegas Casino Night Gala in the St. Francis Multi-Purpose building.
The golf tournament will begin at 1pm and the cost to play is $100 per golfer or you can get a group of friends together and take advantage of our discounted foursome price at $380.00. Once you sink your putt on the 18th hole, make your way over to the Multi-Purpose building for Vegas Casino Night! This years gala will be from 6pm to 11pm. Get your early bird gala ticket for $65 per person! Tickets for both events will be available for purchase on Monday, January 13th, 2020. After February 14th, gala tickets can be purchased for $80 per person, so don't wait! You will be able to purchase tickets for both events in both the school and parish office as well as online through the Greater Giving Website.
We can't do this without the help of all the parents and friends of St. Francis Catholic School. There are so many ways you can help - find a gala sponsor, ask a local business for a silent auction item or advertisement, or donate your time to help with the planning and execution of the golf tournament and gala.
Packets will be sent home with each student after the Christmas break that will include this years sponsorship levels, letters to new and returning businesses, and a donation letter and receipt.
You will find links below for all the paperwork that will be included in the packet. There is no need to wait!
If you have any question please feel free to contact myself or Julie Pavlick.
Gala Chair/Golf Co-Chair
Bulletin for 1.5.19
- Friday, December 13th - (Reindeer Run, Christmas Festival and Advent Concert Info, Lost and Found, Advent Info, Breakfast with Santa Schedule, Golf Tournament and Casino Night Info)
- Saturday, December 7th - (KOC Tip Off Classic, Michael P. White, Advent Wreath Blessing, Jessie Tree, Advent Calendar, Candy Cane Gram, School Pictures, Thrift Store Shopping, Reindeer Run, Parish Info, Catholic Schools History, Community Info).
- Saturday, November 30th - (Advent info, Advent Activities, Tip-Off Classic, Bottle Cap update, Candy Cane Gram, School Pictures Ordering, Michael P. White, Thrift Store Shopping Permission Slip, FSA Info, Community Info)
- Saturday, November 23rd - (Zoara the Comfort Dog, MS Dance, Ext. Care Projection, Michael P. White Order Form, JPIICS Prin. Meet & Greet, Confirmandi Reminder, eProve Survey, FSA Newsletter, Christmas Festival Tickets, FSA Partners Info, JPIICS News, Community Info)