Rappahnannock 3 North
Future Bound in March!
Here is a brief overview of this month's newsletter:
-A video from the Rapp RAs (You're welcome!)
-Letter from the Hall Director
-Future Living Tips
-RA Contact Info
Letter from the Hall Director
It seems like it's been a long (and snowy!) Winter, but Spring is finally upon us! And with the new season comes (hopefully) warmer weather! Have you started thinking about your future plans yet? That could mean dinner plans this weekend, summer plans, or what you want to do after your time at CNU is complete. Whatever way you think about it, take some time to think about the future. It's going to be here before you know it!
That's a Rapp!
10 Cooking Tips That Will Change Your Life
1. Use two bowls to cut corn off the cob without getting kernels everywhere.
2. Instantly core a head of iceberg lettuce by slamming it down on a cutting board.
3. Pre-soak pasta and it will cook in about 60 seconds.
4. Use a sharp knife (CAREFULLY) to pit an avocado.
5. Slice avocadoes right in the skin to make neat cubes.
6. Put a dish towel or damp paper towel under your cutting board to keep it from slipping and wobbling.
7. Use a spoon to peel a kiwi from the inside out.
8. Grate frozen butter straight into pastry dough for fast, even distribution.
9. Hold cherry tomatoes between two plastic lids to slice them all at once.
10. Caramelize onions in half the time by adding a little baking soda.
Check out the full article with gifs at http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/cooking-tips-that-will-change-your-life#.igzZ6AZ46
How to write a cover letter?
Try to limit your letter to a single page.
Assess the employer's needs and your skills. Then try to match them in the letter.
As much as possible, tailor your letter to each job opportunity.
Write in a style that is mature but clear; avoid long and intricate sentences and paragraphs; avoid jargon.
Show some personality, but avoid hard-sell, gimmicky, or unorthodox letters.
Arrange the points in a logical sequence; organize each paragraph around a main point.
For more information visit:
or CNU's Center for Career Planning 3rd Floor DSU
GPhi Presents CNU's Best Dance Crew
Thursday, March 26th, 6pm
Freeman Field House
Still haven't signed up but want to participate? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!