Decorah Physical Education
JUMP ROPE FOR HEART!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19TH
LOOK FOR DONATION ENVELOPES COMING HOME THIS WEEK AND RETURNING THEM BY FEBRUARY 18th. EVERY STUDENT WILL PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT, BUT IT IS COMPLETELY UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO GIVE A DONATION. THE LIFESAVING DUCKS HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY DOGS. THESE INCENTIVES HELPED US REACH OUR BEST EVER YEAR LAST YEAR WITH $11,730 RAISED. LET’S SEE IF WE CAN BEAT THAT THIS YEAR.
What is Jump Rope for Heart?
It’s a rope-jumping special event program. It promotes community service by raising funds to support lifesaving heart and stroke research and educational programs while teaching physical fitness.
Why is Jump Rope for Heart important?
- Heart disease and stroke are America’s No. 1 and No. 3 killers and touch all of our lives.
- More than 9.2 million children and adolescents (ages 6-19) are considered overweight or obese, based on the 95th percentile or higher of body mass index (BMI).
- Overweight adolescents have a 70 percent chance of becoming overweight adults.
- Obesity increases a person’s risk for heart disease, diabetes, stroke and many other chronic illnesses, and it leads to higher healthcare costs.
- Jump Rope for Heart raises funds for research and programs to reduce heart disease, stroke and their risk factors and improve health in people of all ages.
FREE THROW CONTEST WINNERS
4th grade free throw winners
Front Row L-R: Miles, Carter, Jakob, Ty
Back Row L-R: Leah, Sevyn, Alex, Makayla
3rd grade free throw winners
Front Row L-R: Chloe, Rachel, Madison
Back Row L-R: Darien, Nathan, Tyler, Eddie
Not pictured: Sophia