Arctic Light K-5
Do Good Work, Be a Friend, Every Day - October 31st, 2022
Oct 31st & Nov 1st - Parent/ Teacher Conferences
Oct 31st~Nov 4th - School Book Fair
Nov 2nd - Picture Retakes
Nov 4th - Reading Contest forms due on Friday
Nov 4th - Arctic Light Multicultural Potluck: 4-5:30pm
Nov 10th - 10:00am Veterans Day Celebration. Parade starts from the Commons.
Nov 11th - PD for Staff - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
Principal Corner - Winter is Here
We live in two different towns. One has endless sunny days and the other magical cold nights. Inevitably we acquire a pile of gear for the two environments. This past weekend I broke out my winter coat when it hit zero degrees. Good luck keeping all your family gear in order.
Winter can have a cozy, snuggle in with a book feeling. The cold season helps schools focus on learning. Our bright rooms filled with peers makes learning a great antidote to the winter blues. Still, we all must take our vitamins as such little sunlight plays with our biology.
Kudos to Mrs. Sparks who took advantage of those long winter nights or maybe those sunny summer days to produce her book for military children. We look forward to sharing her story more this spring during April: Month of the Military Child.
Monday and Tuesday are Parent/ Teacher Conferences. Make sure you look at the Home/ School Compact before your conferences. If your conference runs out of time please schedule another to work through your concerns.
- Arctic Light Book Fair - is continuing this week. Check out good deals and support our library by purchasing books through our fair.
- Friday is our Multicultural Potluck - 4-5:30pm. Contact Ms.Sky for more information.
- Arctic Light Veterans Day Celebration Parade - November 10th at 10am in our Commons. Join us to honor our Veteran family members. Students will line the hallways to cheer and veterans will have hundreds of items to handout to students: books, flags, stickers, pencils, etc. Parents are welcome to come back into the building after the parade and have lunch with their children. On Friday, Veterans Day, there is no school so we are celebrating on Thursday, November 10th.
School Board Members Tim Doran and Brandy Harty, thank you for your visits. We enjoy showing our school and school board members need to see in action the largest elementary school in the district.
Arctic Light Canned Food Drive - during the month of November. Bring to your classroom boxed or canned food. Classrooms with the largest amount will win a pizza party.
- Friday we had a lot of costumes. Thank you students and staff for all the fun.
- Snow Gear - check your child's snow gear. Students will call if they are needing a snow gear item to be warm and dry at recess. Check-out this guideline for what to wear.
If the weather conditions are looking difficult, consult the Inclement Weather Decision Making flowchart. This helps us all understand the process for delaying or canceling school.
Remember Schoolcafe.com for your school menu and application for free/ reduced meals. These applications are what fund our Title I educational programs.
See you soon,
Do Good Work, Be a Friend, Every Day.
Lots of Friday Fun Last Week
Parent/ Teacher Conferences
These are important days to review your child's educational successes and areas of need.
- Review First Quarter Report Card
- Review your child's areas of success and areas of need
- Discuss the Home/ School Compact
- Checkout your child's desk and classroom
- Visit your child's specialists: PE (Sagers), Music (VanRyswood), and Library (Zaverl).
- If you child receives special services connect with Mrs. Edsell and/ or Mrs. Adams.
- Check-in with the office about current events, possible meal fees and other school administrative topics. Let us know if you are interested in working at Arctic Light.
Arctic Light PTA Store - This is where staff members and families can purchase their PTA Memberships:
Arctic Light PTA Facebook Book - We post updates on events and links for volunteer signups:
K12 Northstar Volunteer Packet - This is for parents who would like to volunteer at the school. Completed packets must be turned in to the front office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Here is the direct link for you to shop from for the Amazon Smiles fundraiser
Takes a few minutes - can save you a bundle and support our school's academic programs
Laughter is Medicine
How do reindeer cry in Alaska?
Which key do King Salmon sing in?
The key of sea!!!!!!!
Why did the vampire need mouthwash?
He had bat breath!!!!!!